TNT Maintains Basic Ratings Lead
- Sweeps Ratings Stir Tea Leaves. Hibberd, James // Television Week;5/28/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the ratings gained by television networks in the U.S. during the May 2007 sweeps period. The sweeps rating period is used to help set television station advertising rates. By the numbers, Fox won the May sweeps by a wide margin, averaging 4.1 to the 3.7 rating of ABC among...
- Networks Have a Sinking Feeling. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 41, p5
Reports on the decline in the ratings of several television networks in the U.S. from September 22 to October 8, 2003. Television programs that suffered ratings decline; Statistics on network rating and market share.
- PERFORMANCE TRACKER. Ryan, Leslie // Television Week;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p19
Presents an update on television show ratings in the U.S. for the week of June 30, 2003 through July 6, 2003. Household ratings and shares of shows according to Nielsen Prime-Time Ratings; Top shows by day; Ratings of cable television shows; Top ten cable network ratings.
- TNT, Disney Tops in Basic Cable's 3Q. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/6/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 40, p23
Reports on the ratings of several television stations in the U.S. for the third quarter ended September 30, 2003. Increase in the ratings of TNT from that in 2002; Television shows of Disney Channel that contributed to its ratings boost; Stations that gained ratings.
- DTV Creates New Outlets for Stations. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;2/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p5
The article reveals that the U.S.'s switchover from analog to digital broadcast signals brings with it the need for television (TV) stations to program the digital subchannels created in the bandwidth space formerly occupied by their analog signals. Many stations have already opted for weather...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p11
Presents statistics related to the cable television industry, commercial television stations and television programs in the U.S. as of February 2005.
- Standings Shuffled in Top Markets. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/31/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p10
Reports on the ratings received by local broadcast television networks in New York, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois in the news category for May 2004.
- CBS Stations Soar in Sweeps. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;5/24/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the improvement in the ratings of CBS television stations in the U.S. in 2004. Credit given to executive vice president and COO Dennis Swanson; Personalities hired to boost ratings.
- Nielsen addition of DVR ratings ups the upfront ante. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;2/6/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses the impact of A.C. Nielsen adding time-shifted ratings on media buyers and television networks in the U.S. in 2006. It emphasizes a concern that the ratings could create a perceived drop in television advertising effectiveness. Comments of Lyle Schwartz, a managing partner...