Chicks Dig the Bundle, Says Oxygen
- Cable modem spec nearly finished. Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, pI-1
Reports that the interoperable cable modem purchasing specification is nearing completion and will be issued by the consortium of cable operators Multimedia Cable Network Systems (MCNS) at the National Cable Show on March 17 to 19, 1997 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Modem and chip makers committed...
- Joy and Ungaro scents set to spritz on QVC. Belcove, Julie L. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/12/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 94, p10
Reports on the availability of the fragrances of Jean Patou and Ungaro through the QVC Network home shopping channel. Lineup for a two-hour all-fragrance show in November 1993; Hampering of opportunities due to retail closings.
- Romance gives tips on courting women. Forkan // Multichannel News;11/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p26
Reports on Romance Classics Network's plan to give out a marketing kit containing advice for cable operators on how to market programs to women. Distribution of the kit through trade magazines; Total number of Romance affiliates.
- A La Carte TV Will Never Be. Wallenstein, Andrew // Variety;4/23/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 5, p25
The author offers opinions on the cable television and subscription television industries. It is argued that the proposal that consumers be allowed to purchase individual television channels and cable television networks rather than having them sold in bundles by cable franchises has already...
- Networks Get Busy in a Crowded Market. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p28
The article reports on the increasing competition of cable television networks in the U.S. to get their share of the female audience. Women account for over 50 percent of the population and they represent major purchasers in most households. Niche programming continues to attract advertisers...
- Parents: Kids Know Best. // MediaWeek;02/08/99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on a three-pronged study commissioned by Nickelodeon about the influence of children over their parents when purchasing computer. Comments from broadcasting officials; Percentage of total purchases made by parents that are influenced by their children; Kids that are becoming consumer...
- Scant Drama as Upfront Rolls On. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;6/11/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 23, p10
The article reports on upfront advertising sales for the 2012-2013 television season, reporting on results from television networks including The CW, Discovery Communications, and Fox Networks as of June 8, 2012.
- Pair of cable nets forgo upfront flash. Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;1/28/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the cable upfront market in 2013 as cable television stations Cartoon Network and Oxygen reinvent their marketing strategy in order to attract advertisers through events like parties celebrating the launch of Oxygen's reality television show "The Face" and a road show.
- What Women Want… in a Telecom Provider. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p28
Presents the results of a survey commissioned by WE: Women's Entertainment regarding the role of women in the selection process for a cable or satellite provider in the U.S. in 2005. Number of women who participated in the survey; Percentage of the respondents who said that the decision on...