AN ENCLAVE OF CONFORMITY
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Our Sunday Visitor;4/21/2013, Vol. 101 Issue 51, p3
No abstract available.
- The House of God. // Priest;Oct2008, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p28
The article talks about Saint John Lateran Basilica which served as the cathedral of the Diocese of Rome for almost 1,700 years. It is also called the pope's church. Also included is a brief history of how Saint John Lateran Basilica became the pope's church and the author's opinion on how the...
- Heavenly Windows. Condie, Todd // Cincinnati Magazine;Feb2004, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p136
The article presents questions and answers on the Covington's gothic jewel, the Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption, which has been inspiring reverence for over a century, published in the February 01, 2004 issue of the periodical "Cincinnati.".
- Rome's Baptism Church. Bunson, Matthew // Catholic Answer;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p4
The author presents information on the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran in Vatican City. He clarifies the misconception that St. Peter's Basilica in Rome is the cathedral of the popes, it is instead the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran. He recalls the history of the Lateran Basilica from the...
- 4 hours in ZARAGOZA. Mannion, Michelle // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Jan/Feb2011, p38
The article describes the 4-hour walking tour in Zaragoza, Spain. Plaza del Pilar is a focal point for city celebrations. The two major monuments of Catholicism in Plaza del Pilar are the Basilica del Pilar and he La Seo Cathedral. The architecture in Plaza del Pilar is described. Improvements...
- St. Martin in a Protestant Cathedral. // America;2/8/1913, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p423
The article discusses the motives behind the proposal to dedicate to St. Martin of Tours one of the chapels of the Protestant Cathedral of St. John the Divine. One possible motive is to reinforce the argument that the Anglican Church is a branch of the Catholic Church. Another motive is...
- America's first cathedral turns 200. // Catholic Digest;Nov2006, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p84
The article provides information on the Baltimore Basilica in the U.S. The cathedral celebrates its bicentennial anniversary in 2006 which reopens on November 4 in the same year. According to Mark Potter, executive director of the Basilica Trust, they hope that the basilica can act as a living...
- Church, cathedral, basilicaâ€¦What's the difference? Daley, Mike // Catholic Digest;Feb2011, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p92
The article discusses the different characteristics of the Catholic church buildings used for public worship. It states that the cathedral is considered as the official church of the bishop in which one can find the bishop's chair. It also cites the existence of chapels, which are smaller in...
- IN PHOTOS. // Our Sunday Visitor;11/8/2009, Vol. 98 Issue 28, p3
This section presents a photograph showing New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan receiving a blessing from Rabbi David Sandmel and another depicting St. John the Evangelist in Stamford, Connecticut.