REFUSE TO OBEY?
- A Proposal for Combatting Sexual Discrimination in the Military: Amendment of Title VII. Rogers, Robin // California Law Review;Jan1990, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p165
Argues that the combat exclusion encourages sex-based discrimination in the U.S. military and should be reformed or eliminated. Effect of the military on the society; Relationship between the concepts of citizenship and military service; Factors that influence the political ideas and choices of...
- PATRIOTISM LIVED-NOT TALKED ABOUT. Wiltbye, John // America;6/13/1942, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p263
The author reflects on how patriotism has prevailed among American families and individuals with the U.S. entry in the global war. He acknowledges the courage of men who had given up the comfort of their own home and their civil life in general to come into the war zone and thus risking their...
- Editorial. Sheehy, Elizabeth // Canadian Journal of Women & the Law;2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, piii
No abstract available.
- Ã‰ditorial. Sheehy, Elizabeth // Canadian Journal of Women & the Law;2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, pix
No abstract available.
- How Cheap Is Your Manhood? Derbyshire, John // National Review;5/5/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p28
The article presents information on how the performance of the U.S. army in Iraq has impressed its citizens. This author's comment in the online version of this magazine on the U.S. soldiers has had his e-mail inbox overflowing. Large numbers of middle-aged American men and women have indeed...
- A photo in 'Life' magazine. Brady, James // Advertising Age;11/12/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 47, p38
Provides information about the U.S. Marine in a picture, which appeared in the December 1950 issue of "Life" magazine. Name of the man; Family background; Age of the man when the picture was taken; Experiences in Korea during the World War II.
- LAWSCOPE: IN BRIEF. // American Bar Association Journal;Aug82, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p908
Presents news briefs related to law in the United States, as of August 1982. Legal challenge to the Third Amendment prohibition against peacetime quartering of soldiers in private houses without the consent of owners; Antidiscrimination suit against department stores that charge women for...
- WOMEN WARRIORS. Hanson, Christopher // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun2002, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p46
Discusses the relationship between journalists and the women in U.S. Armed Forces in relation with whistle-blowing on gender discrimination in the service. Examples of complaints; Impact on policy-making; Discussion on the risk of distortions between stories; Suggestion on how the news media...
- We're in the Army Now. // Herizons;Summer2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p55
The author reflects on the unequal treatment given to women soldiers in Canada. The author recalled the experience of Faye Tourney, the seaman captured along with 14 other British navy personnel accused of venturing illegally into Iranian waters. According to the author, the fact at Canada...