McSlarrow Rips Bells for Hardball Tactics on the Hill
- State of Play. // CableFAX Daily;1/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p1
This article presents an update on several legislation in the U.S. cable television sector, as of January 27, 2006. A bill was introduced by lawmakers in South Carolina to allow state-issued cable franchises. A telecommunication reform bill was amended to keep franchise authority at the local...
- A Good Place: NCTA Chief Pleased with Franchising Legislation So Far. // CableFAX Daily;6/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 113, p1
Reports on the reaction of Kyle McSlarrow, president and CEO of the National Cable Television Association, to the franchising bills proposed in the U.S. Congress. View of McSlarrow on the video and voice provisions of the House bill; Reasons for the doubt of McSlarrow to support the franchising...
- McSlarrow: NCTA Open to Rules Changes. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p8
Stresses the claim of Kyle McSlarrow, president of National Cable & Telecommunications Association, that the cable industry is ready to support changes in franchising requirements. Factor that calls for the need to review telecommunications policy; Areas of the franchising regulation that...
- Washington Watch. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;1/2/95, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p51
Reports on developments in the cable industry. Federal appeals court's review of the Federal Communication's Commission's rate regulations; Failure of the 1992 Cable Act; Clinton's telecommunication's summit; Cox Cable Communications' acquisition of Times Mirror's cable system.
- Some Fear Policy Pitfall Looms. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the concerns of small telecommunication firms on the cable television bill in the U.S. Saturation of the anti-cable television advertising; Decision of National Cable & Telecommunications Association to allow anti-cable advertising; Explanation of the cable rate increase.
- On the Docket:. // CableFAX Daily;6/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 113, p1
Reports on the briefing called by the U.S. Senatorial Commerce to discuss revisions to Senator Ted Steven's cable television franchising bill. Schedule of hearing and testimony by Kyle McSlarrow, president and CEO of the National Cable Television Association, relating to the matter.
- House panel submits video franchising bill. Triplet, William // Daily Variety;3/28/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 63, p25
The article reports that the United States House Energy and Commerce Committee has introduced a national video franchising bill that would help telephone companies become cable television operators. The National Cable and Telecommunications Association President Kyle McSlarrow has thanked...
- House Near Consensus on National Franchise. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p6
Reports that key lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives have agreed to in principle for a legislation that would give telephone companies a national franchise to build and operate multichannel-video systems. Aim of the legislation; Importance of the competition in the cable television...
- 'Level Field' Under Siege. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p40
Reports on the efforts of Verizon Communications Inc. in backing a bill that could loosen franchising requirements in the cable television industry in California, as of March 2005. Provisions of the cable bill proposed by assemblyman Hector De La Torre; Threat posed by standards to the...