NCTA: Broadcasters Want a Free Ride
- Nominations Due For Marks and Vanguards. // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the search of the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing and the National Cable & Telecommunications Association for nominees for their respective Mark Awards and 2004 Vanguard Awards. Deadline for the submission of nominations.
- NCTA Seeks Signal-Fee Reform. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p29
Reports on the petition filed by several broadcasting companies and the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) at the federal Copyright Office on August 17, 2005. Position of the petitioners on the telecommunication fees imposed on cable operators; Contention of the petitioners...
- What prevents cable TV from taking off in Brazil? Reis // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer99, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p399
Probes the reason preventing cable television from taking off in Brazil. Pervasiveness of broadcast television in Brazil; Discussion of telecommunications policies; Overview of Brazilian broadcast TV's programming; Brazilian's reluctance to adopt emerging technologies.
- Covergence: Telecom and cable sectors ready for broadband battle. Shu-Ching; Chen, Jean; Chau, Fiona // Telecom Asia;Sep2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the convergence between the Chinese cable television networks and telecommunication services in the broadcasting market. Need for cable operators to have licenses to provide telecom services; Arguments of the government agencies on cable-telecom convergence; Clarification of the...
- Digital blame game. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p8
Reports that the Clinton administration is blaming the cable television and phone industries for causing the digital divide in the United States, according to the report `Advanced Telecommunications in Rural Areas.' Availability of cable broadband; National Cable Television Association...
- SAMPLING OF TECH TERMS FROM EMERGING TECH '04. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Discusses technology terms from the 2004 Emerging Technologies conference of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in the U.S. All-digital cable network; Midsplit cable bandwidth; Advanced Television Systems Committee Cable Applications Platform.
- TALKBACK. Litman, Peter; Bucholz, Steve; Stogner, Charlie // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p38
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues, including "Policing the bandwidth pigs" on the June 9, 2008 issue, Verizon's service in the New York market and cable operators' opposition against leased-access programming.
- Programers TAP into Latin American market. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/95, Vol. 125 Issue 44, p50
Reports on the formation of TAP (Television Association of Programmers) Latin America by a group of cable television networks in the United States. Move as an effort to expand their business into the Latin America market; Establishment of a standardized ratings measurement system as the first task.
- Stepping Aside From a 'Stronger' CTAM. // Multichannel News;2/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p27
An interview with Char Beales, president of the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM), is presented. When asked about the biggest achievement at CTAM, she mentions the co-operative marketing program as accomplishment. When asked about the definition of CTAM brand, she...