Roberts: Cable Is Still Leading the Way
- From Darth Vader To Yoda. Robichaux, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 14, p10
Interviews cable pioneer John Malone about the television industry in the U.S. Performance of Brian Roberts as chairman and CEO of Comcast Corp.; Cable industry issues to be considered at a convention in San Francisco, California in 2005; Effect of digital video recorders on cable operators.
- Tower of Babel, on Demand. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on a media conference held by the American Association of Advertising Agencies in New Orleans, Louisiana in February 2005 which discusses the difficulty of running commercials on video-on-demand (VOD) systems of cable operators. Participation of Comcast CEO Brian Roberts in the...
- Comcast Funds Wideband, Digital TV. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the plan of cable television company, Comcast Corp. to spend up to $500 million in the deployment of DOCSIS 3.0 to more than 65% of its footprint in additional markets in the U.S. Comcast chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts told the investors that the company's...
- Roberts' Comments Boost VOD at Four A's. Sanders, Lisa // Television Week;3/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p53
Comments on several issues in television broadcasting addressed by Comcast CEO Brian Roberts at the American Association of Advertising Agencies Media Conference in the U.S. in 2005. Implication of the integrated capabilities of televisions and personal computers for the cable television...
- Gray Matter at the Cable Show. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;5/14/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p2
The article focuses on a session during the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) convention held in the U.S. where Brian Roberts, chief executive officer (CEO) of Comcast, was featured. It states that Roberts made fun of his current appearance. News Corp. chief operating...
- Roberts: Cable's Winning the Fight. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p37
The article reports on the advantages gained by U.S. cable industry despite the entry of telephone companies in the video market. According to Comcast Corp. chief executive officer Brian Roberts, more than half of its new high-speed Internet customers deserted from less-expensive,...
- Is Comcast Going Non-Linear? // CableFAX Daily;11/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 229, p1
The article presents an update on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Television personality Brian Roberts emphasized that customization in television programs will be popular. Comcast has decided to raise its rate by $3 per month starting January 1, 2006.
- Digital Doings: Roberts, Britt Talk Tech at CableLabs Confab. // CableFAX Daily;5/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p1
The article focuses on the discussions between the top 2 CEOS in the cable television industry about all-digital formats at the analyst briefing of CableLabs in May 2006. The CEO of cable company Comcast, Brian Roberts, discussed digital simultaneous transmission, while TimeWarner CEO Glenn...
- No ordinary cable guys. McGraw, Dan // U.S. News & World Report;7/08/96, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p44
Profiles Ralph and Brian Roberts, a father-and-son team who head Comcast Corp., the third-largest cable company in America. Growth of the company; Competition; Business strategies; Acquisition of controlling interest in the QVC home-shopping channel; Problems with cable modems.