Board Approves Insight $710M Buyout
- ADIOS, PUBLIC. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the plan of Insight Communications Co. to buy out public shareholders and to take the multisystem operator private in the U.S., as of March 2005. Proposal of chairman Sidney Knafel and CEO Michael Willner regarding a percentage of Insight shares; Decision of independent directors of...
- Insightful Leadership. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p8
The article announces that Insight Communications CEO Michael Willner has received the 2008 Executive of the Year Award from the periodical "Multichannel News."
- People Watch 09/11/12. // CT Reports;9/11/2012, p1
The article presents several announcements including the appointment of Michael S. Willner and Sidney R. Knafel as the chief executive officer (CEO) and chairman for Penthera Partners, the appointment of Paul Tufano as chief operating officer (COO) of Alcatel Lucent SA and the nomination of...
- Wiese tightens grip. Mantshantsha, Sikonathi // Finweek;6/17/2010, p30
The article reports on the move of chief executive officer (CEO) Arnold Goldstone to sell shares of stock at 58 million rand of the engineering firm Invicta Holdings Ltd. It mentions that Goldstone sold 366,000 shares to executive Christo Wiese for 10.2 million rand, and sold 12,595 stock...
- McD's chief Skinner unloads 40K shares. Jargon, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;9/18/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p3
This article presents information on the sale of 40,000 shares of McDonald's Corp. for a total of $1.5 million by James Skinner, chief executive officer of McDonald's.
- Insight Wants to Grow After It Shrinks. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p22
The article comments on the operations and strategies of the U.S.-based Insight Communications according to chief executive officer Michael Willner. Insight has decided to separate itself from the Insight Midwest joint venture in November 2007. Details about Insight's strategies and revenue...
- Small Cablers Seek Exemption. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p26
The article reports on a blanket exemption for small cable television operators by Insight Communications chief executive Michael Willner from new digital television station carriage rules adopted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in September 2007. Willner stressed that small...
- Entering the blogosphere. Ostrowski, Sue // Smart Business Columbus;Oct2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
An interview with Michael Willner, chief executive officer (CEO) of Insight Communications Co. Inc., is presented. He encourages CEOs to set up a blog with the help of someone in the company who is involved in information technology (IT) or with other services that host blogs. He mentions that...
- Crisis Communications:. // CableFAX Daily;5/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 95, p1
Focuses on a recorded message from Insight CEO Michael Willner apologizing for the Internet disruptions received by high speed date Internet service subscribers in Kentucky, Illinois and Indiana. Efforts of the CEO to communicate with customers about the situation.