The Ways We Worship
- Music Ministry. McMahon, J. Michael // America;4/12/2004, Vol. 190 Issue 13, p13
Discusses the importance of music for parish liturgical celebrations. Information on the pastoral aspect of music ministry; Ways music help people connect the celebration of the liturgy with their own life of faith; Role of the Second Vatican Council in the liturgical reform of the music ministry.
- Multicultural Liturgy: Its Ongoing Challenge to the U.S. Catholic Church. Francis, Mark R. // New Theology Review;Aug2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p83
The article presents a reprint of the article "Multicultural Liturgy: Its Ongoing Challenge to the U.S. Catholic Church," by Mark R. Francis, which appeared in the December 2010 issue of the Notre Dame Center for Pastoral Liturgy "Bulletin." It focuses on the celebrations of liturgy in...
- THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1997, Issue 76, p79
Comments on the views of Bishop Donald Trautman of Erie on the critics of the direction of liturgical reform as of October 1997. Criticism against liturgists; Information on the use of horizontal inclusive language in the liturgy; Factors that will cause of a serious loss to God's people.
- The Effects of a Hermeneutic of Crisis on the Liturgy. Smith, Christopher // Sacred Music;Summer2011, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p42
The article discusses the hermeneutic crisis in the Catholic Church and its effect on the liturgy. Interpretations of the rubric of crisis, it says, are through different ways including the Reform Hermenuetic of Crisis theory and the Counter-Reform Hermeneutic of Crisis theory. It also notes...
- The Council and the Liturgy. MC NASPY, C. J. // America;12/12/1964, Vol. 111 Issue 24, p778
The author expresses views on the liturgy of the Catholic Church. He states that people are further requested to participate actively in public worship. He notes that the liturgy is the summit toward which the activity of the Church is directed, rather than a set of code of exterior conduct or...
- Outdated liturgy document creates a stir. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;10/3/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p12
Focuses on the controversy over a draft document from the Vatican advocating the restoration of old liturgical rites of the Catholic Church. Distinction between priests and deacons; Call for reverence and sobriety in liturgical celebration; Suggestion of restoring communion rails.
- Foreword. Zimmerman, Joyce Ann // Proceedings of the North American Academy for Liturgy;2011, preceding p3
A foreword to "Proceedings of the North American Academy of Liturgy" is presented.
- Eucharistic Prayer and Theology. // Proceedings of the North American Academy for Liturgy;2011, p49
Information about several papers and presentations discussed at a seminar on Eucharist prayer and theology during the North American Academy of Liturgy annual meeting held in San Francisco, California from January 6 to 9, 2011 is presented. Topics include Liturgy of the second Church in early...
- Is the Liturgy Hitting its Target? BALDOVIN S. J., JOHN F. // Jurist: Studies in Church Order & Ministry;2012, Vol. 72 Issue 2, preceding p453
A speech delivered by John F. Baldovin, Professor, School of Theology and Ministry, Boston College in Massachusetts, as the Fourth Msgr. Frederick R. McManus Lecture given at the School of Canon Law of The Catholic University of America on October 28, 2010, is presented. It informs that the...