Tarver-Jones Headlines PPV Fight Slate
- Jones to Donate PPV Take to Kids' Charity. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p20
Reports that boxer Roy Jones Jr. plans to donate to charity a portion of his share of the pay-per-view (PPV) revenue from PPV company TVKO's broadcast of his September 9, 2000, bout with Erich Harding. Background on the marketing of the PPV event.
- Boxing has PPV clout on HBO. Riddell, Robert // Daily Variety;10/7/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 5, p19
Reports that the television coverage of the showdown between boxers Antonio Tarver and Roy Jones Jr. at HBO Sports has scored the cable network the second-highest number for pay-per-view boxing events in 2005.
- Competition driving HBO. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on developments related to United States-based cable television network HBO as of October 25, 1999. Background on the network's success with its programming; Network's reorganization of its film production divisions.
- Cablers bypass Jornadas. Sutter, Mary // Variety;07/19/99, Vol. 375 Issue 9, p24
Reports the decline in the participation of cable television networks in the 1999 Jornadas de Cable exhibition in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Reasons for the move; Plans of Home Box Office Inc.; Views of Loreyne Alicea, vice president of international affiliate sales and marketing for the network...
- HBO courts Gen X with laughs. Marchand, Nolan // Broadcasting & Cable;05/03/99, Vol. 129 Issue 19, p39
Reports that Home Box Office Inc. will launch 24 hours of comedy and alternative entertainment.
- HBO boxes out rivals with 111 ACE noms. Richmond, Ray // Variety;9/16/96, Vol. 364 Issue 7, p31
Reports on the 1996 CableACE Awards. Number of nominations received by Home Box Office (HBO) programs and productions; Focus on other nominees.
- India prepares for HBO bow. Bhushan, Nyay // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/15/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 39, p67
Reports that Home Box Office Inc. is set to launch in India. Delivery via satellite as a digitally encrypted service uplinked from Hong Kong; Cable television operators in India; Consumer reluctance to extra for pay channels; Competition posed by Star Movies.
- HBO Launching Branding Primer. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/29/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p8
The article discusses the aggressive marketing campaign being planned by HBO Entertainment for the fourth quarter of 2014 with the goal of highlighting HBO Entertainment offerings from original programming to HBO Go and opportunities in bundled channel packages at lower prices through the Internet.
- The cablers. Hontz, Jenny; Dempsey, John // Variety;05/03/99, Vol. 374 Issue 11, p71
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of May 3, 1999. Includes HBO's withdrawal of its television production order from Warner Brothers Television and Regency TV; TNT's television program development deal with Warner Books for the novel `Last Refuge of...