After 'Brand X,' New Challenges
- NCTA: Broadcasters Want a Free Ride. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p10
Provides information on the digital-TV battle between the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and broadcasters in the cable industry. Focus of analysis sent by NCTA to members of Congress in July 2005; Accusations of NCTA against broadcasters; Comments from National...
- NCTC/ACA Hit Windy City. // Communications Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p12
The article highlights the first annual Independent Show organized by the National Cable Television Cooperative and the American Cable Association in Chicago, Illinois. The theme for the show is Winds of Change which was chosen not just because of the windy reputation of the host city, but more...
- SCTE Announcements. // CT's Pipeline;11/15/2005, p4
The article presents a calendar of events related to the activities of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) in the U.S. from November to December 2005. The closing of the nominations for the 2006 Emerging Technologies Award and for the Young Engineer of the Year Award is...
- Horatio McSlarrow: Ads Tell Cable's American Success Story. // CableFAX Daily;1/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
Reports on several advertisements related to the cable industry in the U.S. which were released in January 2006. Information on the advertising spots unveiled by the National Community Television Association (NCTA), Mass Ave and telecommunications companies; Remarks from NCTA executive Kyle...
- Sleeping With the Enemy:. // CableFAX Daily;5/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 105, p2
Reports on the decision of Karen Alexander to resign from his post as New Jersey Cable Telecommunications Association in June 2006.
- Learning Curve. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;2/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p16
Features Kyle McSlarrow, chief of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association. Lack of work experience in the cable television industry; Defense by McSlarrow on cable's exemption from indecency restrictions; Similarity between energy and cable industries.
- On the Circuit:. // CableFAX Daily;4/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 75, p2
Presents an update on two events in the U.S. cable television and telecommunication industry, as of April 18, 2006. Nominations for the awards that will be given by the Women in Cable and Telecommunications; Closing bell at the Nasdaq stock market.
- On the Circuit. // CableFAX Daily;2/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on the recognition given by Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing-Southern California to its chapter vice president Rob Stevens at the group's Golden Palms in Ritz Carlton Marina del Rey on March 14, 2006.
- SCTE Announcements. // CT's Pipeline;9/13/2005, p4
The section presents announcements from the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineer (SCTE) in the U.S. as of September 13, 2005. Information regarding the society's compilation of a list of donation for Hurricane Katrina victims is provided. It also provides information on the society's...