'Classroom' Shift Riles Indies
- NCTA: Broadcasters Want a Free Ride. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p10
Provides information on the digital-TV battle between the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and broadcasters in the cable industry. Focus of analysis sent by NCTA to members of Congress in July 2005; Accusations of NCTA against broadcasters; Comments from National...
- Honoring Unsung Local Heroes. // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, Special Section p6
The article provides information on the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) Chairman's Award. According to the article, the said award can be processed in discreet and in selecting members who are worthy to receive the Chairman's Award. It also mentions that the...
- Smacked Down:. // CableFAX Daily;7/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 136, p3
Reports on the decision of two World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar wrestlers Sergeant Slaughter and Staci Keibler to let their Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) membership to expire. Conflict between WWE and CTAM; Television programs featuring the wrestlers.
- NCTC/ACA Hit Windy City. // Communications Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p12
The article highlights the first annual Independent Show organized by the National Cable Television Cooperative and the American Cable Association in Chicago, Illinois. The theme for the show is Winds of Change which was chosen not just because of the windy reputation of the host city, but more...
- READER REQUEST. Fetto, John // American Demographics;Mar2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
Addresses questions about consumer demographics in the U.S. Relationship between household income and cable television subscription; Way for determining the membership of people in any organizations.
- SCTE Announcements. // CT's Pipeline;11/15/2005, p4
The article presents a calendar of events related to the activities of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) in the U.S. from November to December 2005. The closing of the nominations for the 2006 Emerging Technologies Award and for the Young Engineer of the Year Award is...
- Horatio McSlarrow: Ads Tell Cable's American Success Story. // CableFAX Daily;1/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
Reports on several advertisements related to the cable industry in the U.S. which were released in January 2006. Information on the advertising spots unveiled by the National Community Television Association (NCTA), Mass Ave and telecommunications companies; Remarks from NCTA executive Kyle...
- Sleeping With the Enemy:. // CableFAX Daily;5/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 105, p2
Reports on the decision of Karen Alexander to resign from his post as New Jersey Cable Telecommunications Association in June 2006.
- Success Path. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;3/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p2
Provides information on the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's National Show to begin in April 9, 2006. Information on exhibit space; List of opening session and general session panelists.