- Cable's Tech Leaders See Big Picture. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p123
Focuses on the issues concerning video-on-demand (VOD) and set-top box strategies of the cable industry in the U.S. Characteristics of VOD networks; Problem with asset distribution; Development of equipment for broadband communication.
- Cable Takes Its 'Lumps' Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p33
Focuses on the VOD Summit of the Kagan World Media Conferences in March 2003. State of cable television; Highlights of the summit; Views on the video-on-demand service.
- Video-on-Demand Packs a New Wallop. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p30
Focuses on the threat posed by Walt Disney's video broadband technology to the profitability of video-on-demand (VOD) services being offered by cable operators in the U.S. Decision of Walt Disney to distribute episodes from four TV series via its Web site; Failure of Walt Disney to reach any...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p28
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of January 20, 2003. Interoperability tests conducted by Manticom Networks between its Scorpion 4104 and SeaChange International's voice-on-demand system; Growth rate of home broadband access; Tender offer planned by Motorola...
- ESPN Broadband Ups Operator Appeal. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p14A
Analyzes the business status of ESPN Broadband, which offers video news to cable modem subscribers in the U.S., as of December 2003. Deals signed with sports-content provider including RCN; Availability of the service.
- Cablers cautious at Beijing confab. Jones, Arthur // Variety;3/25/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 6, p32
Reports on the Sino-International Cable TV Executive Management Conference of executives and government officials on the future of cable and broadband transmissions in China. Sentiments during the conference; Concern on the potential for digital cable networks.
- Looong Shelf Life for Analog. Farrell, Mike; Haugsted, Linda; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
This article discusses the proceedings of the "Society of Cable Telecommunications' Emerging Technologies" conference held on January 2008 in Los Angeles. It discusses that there will still be analog channels for the next 30 years. There will be enough spectrum to do everything as cable...
- HIGH-TECH COALITION: LOGGING IN, AND OUT. Munro, Neil // National Journal;6/7/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p1784
Focuses on a coalition of high technology companies that is lobbying the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to regulate the cable television companies' broadband networks. Member companies of the coalition in 2000; Status of the coalition as of June 2003; Speculation on the future of the...
- On Display:. // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p4
Presents update on the display technology used by cable television networks in the U.S. Decision of CableLabs to use video-on demand in its broadcast application; Features of broadband video programming launched by ICTV; Partnership of BigBand and Concurrent for network-based time shifting.