- Flying to the Moon: reconsidering the British labour exchange system in the early twentieth century. Mansfield, Malcolm // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring2001, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p24
This article analyses the reaction of trade union members and employers to the functioning of the labor exchange network established in the early years of the twentieth century. As such it does not deal with industrial conflicts, with wage bargaining or with industrial relations in general. A...
- The Society for the Study of Labour History Autumn Conference. // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring2001, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p140
This article provides information on the Autumn Conference of the Society for the Study of Labour History entitled, Labouring Lives, at Mechanics' Institute in Manchester, England, on November 3, 2001. Organized by Neville Kirk, Kevin Morgan and Keith Gildart, the conference will explore the...
- Contextualising British syndicalism, c. 1907-c. 1920. Price, Richard // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter98, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p261
Discusses how syndicalism in Great Britain's labor movement may be better understood by contextualizing it politically, culturally and historically. Concentration of syndicalist theory on describing alternative organizational hierarchies of production; Tradition of proletarian discourse in the...
- CHARTISM. Royle, Edward // History Today;Dec85, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p46
Deals with chartism in Great Britain. Standard interpretation of chartism; Importance of social and economic considerations in determining the nature and incidence of chartist activity; Influential scholar to develop views on chartism; Origins of chartism as a political movement.
- Classified list of archive deposits 1985. Bird, Stephen // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Jul87, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p22
Presents a list of classified archive deposits relevant to labor in Great Britain.
- SUPPLEMENT. // British Medical Journal;3/29/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6218, p951
Presents views of author on medicopolitical issues in Great Britain. Debate on the 1972 Chambers constitutional reforms; Contents of the 'M' circular; Details of the achievements of the British labor movement.
- THE CENTENARY OF THE WEA. Roberts, Stephen K. // History Today;Feb2003, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p26
Examines the development of the Workers' Educational Association (WEA) in Great Britain. Goals of WEA; Consequences of the movement's acceptance of state aid; Courses offered by WEA; Role of WEA in labor movements.
- Talking point. Crabb, Steve // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p4
Introduces a series of articles which deals with trade unions in Great Britain.
- Back on terms. Gall, Gregor; Cooper, Cathy // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p40
Describes how trade-unions are pursuing their campaigns to be recognized in Great Britain's job market. How companies can make trade-unions valuable to the business; Success of the recognition campaigns; Possible outcomes of being recognized. INSETS: A package deal;Gains on paper;New dealers.