- MONTHLY PRAYER INTENTIONS. // Our Sunday Visitor;1/26/2014, Vol. 102 Issue 39, p2
The article focuses on the Pope's prayer intentions for February 2014 which include giving respect to the wisdom and experience of the elderly and collaboration in evangelization.
- 'Chronologically gifted' habits die hard. Burns, Katy // New Hampshire Business Review;9/16/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p51
Describes the habits and attitudes of elderly persons in the U.S. Terms used to refer to the elderly; Reasons why older people deserve respect; Response of the elderly to the discounts offered to them.
- OF MANY THINGS. T. N. D. // America;2/27/1965, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p271
The article discusses the importance of care for older people. It notes that several projects are being developed to make their later years seem happy and relaxed for them. It states that there is, or should be, a high priority of importance for every honest effort of the U.S. government to...
- Retired but not retarded. Walsh, Edward // Pastoral Review;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p54
The article discusses the overlooked value of older people in an aging society. It mentions the evident indignities of ageing in a society which prizes youth following decades where people have worshipped youth. It also notes some of the lines from the 17th Century Nun's Prayer which tackle an...
- Time to respect our elders. Madge, Tim // Nursing Standard;4/20/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Argues that it is time to respect the older people in Great Britain. Neglect and abuse of the elders; Issue on whether older people should have to pay for their care; Debate over the retirement age.
- Dignity in care: A humane approach will reap rewards for all. Waring, Amanda // Nursing Older People;Apr2011, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The author comments on the importance of the human and humane aspects of care in nursing.
- LA CIENCIA DE LOS CUIDADOS, MARCO INVESTIGATIVO PARA ALCANZAR EL Ã‰XITO DE LA CALIDAD DE VIDA EN EL ENVEJECIMIENTO. Salas Iglesias, Pedro Manuel // Cultura de los Cuidados;Mar2006, Issue 19, p73
Caring in general is not a simple task not a fragmentary concept but a need to coordinate various factors, in fact it is an holistic concept. For the elderly is paramount humanization and modern techniques are combined. Helping to reach aging successfully with a good quality of life means not...
- Subjective realities of older male farmers: Self-perceptions of ageing and work. Gullifer, Judith; Thompson, Anthony P. // Rural Society;2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p80
The research focused on the experiences and identity of aged male farmers in relation to farming and ageing using a phenomenological design. A sample of eight Australian farmers ranging in age from 65 to 80 years participated in audio taped interviews. Thematic analysis revealed four prominent...
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // Gerontologist;Dec2007, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p862
No abstract available.