Alabama Standing in the Need of Prayer
- IN THE CONNECTICUT COMMENCEMENT CASE! Bathija, Sandhya // Church & State;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p13
The article discusses the ruling of the federal court regarding the use of public school graduation in Evangelical Mega-Church in Connecticut. It mentions the ruling of U.S. District Judge Janet Hall to remove graduation ceremonies in churches. The Americans United attorneys are optimistic that...
- The Issue at Hand: Religious Challenges to Public Schools. Molnar, Alex // Educational Leadership;May87, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p4
Discusses the relationship between public schools and religious practice. Relationship between secular authority and religious beliefs; Supreme court interpretations of the clauses on religious freedom in the Bill of Rights.
- Scripture Classes Lose Out To Ethics In Australia. // Church & State;Jun2010, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the secular ethics that were offered in the public schools of New South Wales.
- How to Teach Religion in Public Schools. Kafer, Krista // World & I;Aug2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on strategies used to teach religion in public schools in the U.S. Discussion on the constitutionality of teaching religion in U.S. schools; Information on religious classes outside the classroom in the country; Details on the rights of students to express religious beliefs.
- Untitled. // Time;12/26/1977, Vol. 110 Issue 26, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by George Bernard Shaw on the subject of religion, one by Richard N. Ostling on the unusual degree of personal engagement in religion, and one by James Wilde on the faith of the Evangelicals.
- Real Losses. Proefriedt, William A. // Education Week;01/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p38
Comments on the significance of the connection between religion and education in public schools in the United States. Anxieties of American education; Concept of education according to Horace Mann; Concerns of Stephen H. Carter on religion and public life.
- Religion-free texts: Getting an illiberal education. Nord, Warren A. // Christian Century;07/14/99-07/21/99, Vol. 116 Issue 20, p711
Scrutinizes the manner by which religion is presented in public school textbooks in the United States. Problems across the curriculum at all levels of education; Cumulative effect of the assumption that secular perspectives are adequate; Reasons for incorporating the serious study of religion...
- Debating the Decalogue. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;8/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p28
Reports the campaign for exhibiting the Ten Commandments in public schools by legislators in North Carolina. Utilization of the documents for public use associated with Christianity and Judaism; Legislation on schools teaching of history and geography; Impact on the students.
- Teachers should fight school `secularism,' Dobson magazine urges. // Church & State;Nov98, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p18
Cites a feature in James Dobson's Focus on the Family magazine `Teachers in Focus,' dated October 1998, which highlights Francis J. Beckwith's article claiming that public education in the United States is not neutral on religious matters. Beckwith's criticism of schools' failure to teach moral...