- Truth in Trouble: Mind, Self, and Relationships in Postmodernity. Wood, Julia T. // Communication Quarterly;Fall1992, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p422
Reviews the book "The Saturated Self: Dilemmas of Identity in Contemporary Life," by Kenneth Gergen.
- Gibt es ein postmodernes Selbst? Neuere Theorien und Diagnosen der IdentitÃ¤t in fortgeschrittenen Gesellschaften. Wenzel, Harald // Berliner Journal fÃ¼r Soziologie;1995, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p113
The article reviews several books including "The Saturated Self. Dilemmas of Identity in Contemporary Life," by Kenneth J. Gergen, "Modernity and Self-Identity. Self and Society in the Late Modern Age," by Anthony Giddens, and "Shattered Selves. Multiple Personality in a Postmodern World," by...
- Living by the Word. Greene-McCreight, Kathryn // Christian Century;5/29/2007, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p16
The article presents a Christian devotional based on the Biblical passages of 1 Kings 17:8-16, Psalm 30, and Luke 7:11-17. The author discusses the relation between modern rationalism and the belief in miracles. The deeper interconnected metaphors and spiritual lessons of the selected texts are...
- A real walk goes with real talk. Washington, James // Charlotte Post;10/9/2014, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p3B
No abstract available.
- Faith and Feminism: Ecumenical Essays. Bergant, Dianne // Bible Today;May/Jun2015, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p191
No abstract available.
- REVIVAL: Starts with the Bible. Jones, Karen // Bible Study Magazine;Jul2009, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on the life and spiritual renewal of Greg Gordon, who was once addicted of drugs and was enlightened by the word of God in the Bible. Gordon relates his acquaintance with the word of God, his coming back to Jesus Christ, success in his education and the creation of...
- Embracing God's Will for Your Life. Kolenda, Daniel // Men of Integrity;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p60
The article discusses a bible study on how most people are desperately looking for God's will and continue to look for it because they do not recognize it. It points out that God's way may seem so difficult, prolonged and unrewarding but on looking back, people will always find that God's plan...
- ON THE (MIS)DEFINITION OF Q. Broadhead, Edwin K. // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Dec97, Issue 68, p3
Focuses on the developments in the study of the Sayings Tradition (Q). Definition of Q; Role of Q in the development of Christianity; Fundamental identity of the tradition.
- The Demystification of Belief Systems. Nethe, Richard H. // Humanist;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the demystification of belief systems among societies. Effort to demystify Christian beliefs in Germany; Comment on the progress of the demystification movement within Christianity.