WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- COMMUNICATIONS. MILLER, J. H.; GERCKE, DANIEL J.; BOYNTON, PAUL; WOODLOCK, THOMAS F.; NOURRIT, PÈRE G.; EMERY, L. W.; I. T. M.; O'BRIEN, PAUL J.; B. M. // America;12/26/1914, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p266
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "A Catholic Daily Newspaper," by Lawrence F. Flick in the November 14, 1914 issue, another on stimulating thoughts by Edward P. Murphy, and the appeal of retreats, asceticism or estheticism to...
- Religious Press: The Printed Word Embattled. // Time;8/17/1970, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p55
The article analyzes the downturn in the Protestant and Roman Catholic publications in the U.S. It is stated that, although there was a time when the publications business was a bonanza, during the late 1960s and divisions over doctrinal and social issues within Protestantism and Catholicism...
- The Diocesan Press. Wall, A. E. P. // America;2/22/1969, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p220
The article focuses on the Catholic diocesan press that supports adult Catholicism education. It notes that various parish efforts to expand subscription support resulted with millions of circulation, but diocesan press faces the challenge in numerous Catholics who are uninterested in Church...
- BOOKS AND AUTHORS. // America;10/9/1915, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p644
The article focuses on various publications related to the Catholic Church in the U.S. as of October 1915. Among the best seller books in August cited by Bookman were "Michael O' Halloran," "A Far Country" and "The Harbour." The magazine "Catholic Mind" covers an article about an address on...
- LETTERS. Scharper, Philip; Linz, W. M.; Baker, Kenneth; Ehmann, John; Comber, Thomas E. // America;1/29/1972, Vol. 126 Issue 4, p77
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "A New World Language," by Father Alfons Deeken in the January 18, 1972 issue.
- `Substantial agreement in faith.' Linehan, Dennis M. // America;3/28/1998, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p3
Provides information on the Roman document titled `Directory on Ecumenism for Southern Africa' published by the Southern African Catholic Bishops. What led to the production of the Roman document; Population of Catholics in Southern Africa; Topics discussed in the document.
- Anglican-Catholic commission issues statement on morals. // National Catholic Reporter;10/15/93, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the document `Life in Christ: Morals, Communion and the Church,' issued by the Second Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission. Statement on moral issues; Approval by church leaders; Exploration of a ground in the area of morals.
- CORRESPONDENCE. J. F.; Gerard, John; Ignatius, Brother E.; Willard, Stanley K.; P. E. D.; Troy, Thos. F.; Vikovsky, Zoe; Williamson, T. H.; Byrns, Ruth // America;12/5/1942, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p249
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the "Life of BartolomÃ© de Las Casas," by Reverend L. A. Dutto, the "Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature," and the publications of the Roman Catholic Church by Orlando A. Battista in the May...
- Fox designates Farrell as NCR editor. // National Catholic Reporter;07/18/97, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p2
Reports that Michael Farrell has been appointed editor of the periodical `National Catholic Reporter' by publisher Tom Fox. Background.