WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Prayer of a (Semi-)Retired Priest. Kirchner, Donnell // Priest;Oct2015, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p20
A prayer and reflection of a Catholic priest as he enters into retirement are presented.
- Anglicans, Catholics and the way forward. Munson, James // Contemporary Review;Mar1998, Vol. 272 Issue 1586, p161
Reviews the book `The Roman Option: Crisis and the Realignment of English-Speaking Christianity,' by William Oddie.
- Authority Under Fire. // Time;3/19/1965, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p80
The article reports on the criticism against the Roman Catholic Church in the U.S. It explains that Catholic Church is an authoritarian, hierarchal institution whose Pope and bishops claim for divine right as descendants of Christ's Apostles. In this regard, Father Joseph Gallagher explains that...
- Recognizing and Affirming a Priestly Character for the Sake of Formation. Vallee, Robert M. // Seminary Journal;Fall2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p28
In this article, the author discusses effectiveness of the "Program of Priestly Formation (PPF)," which aims at meditation, self critique attitude and challenge acceptance by individuals. He mentions views of priests St. Frances de Sales, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Bonaventure on the importance...
- Communications. // America;10/22/1932, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p72
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues in 1932 including the matters on the conspiracy on the part of the American Catholics during the plight of their Catholic neighbors in Mexico and the criticism and complain of several people about...
- Value of priestly celibacy. CAMPION, OWEN F. // Our Sunday Visitor;10/11/2009, Vol. 96 Issue 24, p18
The author describes the practice of the Catholic priests from the Church of the Roman tradition.
- Indian church to look into abusive priests issue. // South Asian Post;4/15/2010, p27
The article reports on the plan of the Indian Catholic Church to draw up guidelines on how to tackle the abusive priests issue.
- Catholic Priests Meeting Begins. // India -- West;2/19/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 13, pB21
The article offers information on the three-day meeting of Catholic priests to be held at Velankanni in Nagapattinam, India.
- Opinion divided on Latin Mass decision. // National Catholic Reporter;10/24/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 27, p51
The article focuses on difference in opinion regarding the elimination of a mandate under a document released in Vatican City in July 2007 stating that local priests do not require permission from their bishop before saying the pre-Vatican H Mass.