WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Bail law unconstitutional. Goldberg, Stephanie B. // ABA Journal;Jul93, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p86
Reports on the Massachusetts Supreme Court decision declaring the unconstitutionality of amendments to a state bail statute that makes it easier to restrain dangerous defendants. `Aime v. Massachusetts,' No. S-6089; Comparisons with the federal bail statute.
- JURIS IMPRUDENCE. // AutoWeek;10/17/2011, Vol. 61 Issue 21, p0108
The article reports on the court ruling of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court which requires drivers to pay administrative fees for traffic tickets despite winning the case.
- Foreclosure Case Ruling Seen as Industry Setback. Berry, Kate; Horwitz, Jeff // National Mortgage News;1/17/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p17
The article reports on the possible outcome of the decision of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts on a foreclosure case that involved U.S. Bancorp and Wells Fargo & Co.
- Unnatural acts statute voided by massachusetts high court. Brill, David // Advocate;12/4/74, Issue 152, p7
Reports on the unanimous opinion of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court regarding the implementation of the Section 35 Chapter 272 of the Massachusetts General Laws. Recognition of the right of individuals to be free of government regulation on sexual activities; Changes in the legislation...
- State Court Rules in Favor of Cape Wind. // Wind Energy Weekly;9/3/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1401, p4
The article reports on the support of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court to the decision of the Energy Facility Siting Board (EFSB) to grant the Cape Wind offshore wind energy project with a composite permit.
- New chief justice. // State Government News;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p8
Deals with the appointment of Margaret H. Marshall as chief justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court in October 1999. Educational and career background.
- MASSACHUSETTS: Boston's Credit Positive. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;3/19/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33681, p9
The article reports on the decision of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court which ruled that the city of Boston is not responsible for covering the entire cost of a police education incentive program.
- Massachusetts Court Rules for Same-Sex Marriages. Wright, Ellen // Lesbian News;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p13
On November 18, 2003, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled that lesbian and gay couples can no longer be excluded from obtaining civil marriages in Massachusetts. This decision follows a nearly identical ruling by a Canadian appellate court under the Canadian Constitution on June 10, 2003....
- Lesbian confirmed to Mass. high court. // Between the Lines (10807551);5/12/2011, Issue 1919, p16
The article reports on the confirmation that openly gay Barbara Lenk was appointed to the Supreme Judicial Court in Massachusetts on May 4, 2011 in a 5-3 vote of the Governor's Council.