WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Gone fishin' lately? Schlumpf, Heidi // U.S. Catholic;May2003, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p18
Deals with how Catholics spread the Gospel. Belief of Catholics on evangelization; Reason why they want to share their faith; Approaches used by Catholics in converting other people into their religion. INSETS: AND THE SURVEY SAYS...;YOUTHFUL ENTHUSIASM?.
- The Acts of John as a Gnostic text. // Evangel;Spring2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the description of the biblical book Acts of the Apostles as a Gnostic text. Differences in the description of Jesus Christ in the book and in New Testament; Analysis of the text in the field of early Christianity; Relationship between the Acts and the Bible.
- 'Be Ye Approved Money Changers!' Reexamining the Social Contexts of the Saying and Its Interpretation. Hutt, Curtis // Journal of Biblical Literature;Fall2012, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p589
Missing from the canonical Gospels and out of the spotlights that have been shone on Q and the Nag Hammadi library, there exists a hardly tapped source of extracanonical sayings of Jesus (agrapha), namely, sayings (logia) attributed to Jesus quoted by church fathers, heresiologists, and others...
- A is for Alpha, C is for Christ. Jones, Morag Cuddeford // Brand Strategy;Oct2003, Issue 176, p23
Examines how a local church group could become the official brand for the Christian faith in Great Britain. Development of Alpha Course, tool for the renovation of Christianity in Great Britain; Launch of the annual marketing campaign of Alpha; Analysis of the structure of church and worship.
- Stopping conflict before it starts. Osborne, Larry W. // Leadership -- A Practical Journal for Church Leaders;Winter95, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p52
Presents guidelines for managing conflicts in the church congregation, the church board, and the staff. Preempting the conflict; Leadership qualities of the pastor; Church leadership.
- Bringing new leaders up to speed. Warner, R. Steven // Leadership -- A Practical Journal for Church Leaders;Winter95, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p59
Presents guidelines for evaluating the leadership potentials of new local church council leaders. Problems faced by deacons and church leaders concerning the leadership qualities and management skills of new church council board members; Interviewing potential nominees; Agreement of principles...
- Fish for Breakfast. MARTENS, JOHN W. // America;4/8/2013, Vol. 208 Issue 12, p38
The article focuses on the Act 5 readings of the Bible. It is stated that a scene at the Sea of Tiberias, where a number of Jesus' disciples had gathered is presented in the Gospel of John. It is mentioned that the laying of spiritual transformations necessary to follow in own gifts and...
- The Great Multitude. MARTENS, JOHN W. // America;4/8/2013, Vol. 208 Issue 12, p39
The article focuses on readings from Act 13 of the Bible. It is noted that there were 120 people gathered together after Pentecost, according to Acts 1:15. It is stated that a missionary impulse to be "a light to the Gentiles," has been emboldened by the church, formed after Easter in the...
- TAKE THE GOSPEL TEST. STIER, GREG // Group;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 38, p73
The article offers tips on how Christian teenagers can better understand and communicate the gospel. It stresses the importance of the regular presentation of the gospel to teenagers. It adds that teenagers must be equipped with the skills needed to learn the gospel. It notes that equipped...