WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Waco: The Rules of Engagement. Leydon, Joe // Variety Movie Reviews;4/13/1997, Issue 78, p4
The article reviews the documentary film "Waco: The Rules of Engagement," directed by William Gazecki.
- What Do You Believe? American Teenagers, Spirltuality and Freedom of Religion. Loughney, Ellen // Multicultural Review;Winter2004, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p102
Reviews the documentary video recording "What Do You Believe? American Teenagers, Spirltuality and Freedom of Religion," by Sarah Feinbloom.
- US BRIEFS. // National Catholic Reporter;6/6/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 17, p3
The article offers world news briefs related to Catholics. U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has added Pakistan and Syria to the list of nations that violate religious rights. The AMDG Productions revealed its documentary film "Saving America's Catholic Schools" that will be taken in...
- Augustine's World and Ours. Tinder, Glenn // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec1997, Issue 78, p35
Focuses on Saint Augustine's concept of the dichotomous habit of the mind. Comparison between constitutional democracies and tyrannies; Examples of the modern disintegration of the Augustinian dichotomies such as faith and reason; Analysis of the conflict associated with Augustine's thoughts on...
- A universal concern. // Christian Science Monitor;7/24/97, Vol. 89 Issue 167, p20
Opinion. Discusses religious freedom. The assault on religious freedom across the globe in 1997; A US State Department report on religious freedom; The universal concern of religious freedom; The threat which religion poses to certain forms of government; The need for governments to protect...
- Clinton acts to protect worship in the cubicle. Marquand, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;8/15/97, Vol. 89 Issue 183, p3
Discusses the federal guidelines for the protection of religious expression in the workplace proposed by US President Bill Clinton after the Supreme Court struck down the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in 1997. Who would be affected by the guidelines; The increasing number of...
- Voices for religious liberty. Wood Jr., James E. // Journal of Church & State;Spring92, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p221
Focuses on the worldwide emergence of religious liberty. History of the concept of religious liberty; Broad ecumenical endorsement of religious liberty by the churches; Endorsement of religious liberty by the Roman Catholic Church in Vatican II.
- Notes on church-state affairs: Russia. Beck, Rosalie; Hendon, David W. // Journal of Church & State;Spring93, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p446
Reports on the holding of a consultation on religious liberty and proposed legislation on freedom of conscience and religion in Russia held in March 1993. Invitation for the participation of the International Academy for Freedom of Conscience, Religion and Belief and other Western legal...
- Worship rights limited, he says. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;1/31/97, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p9
Reports on the threat on the freedom of worship in Russia at both the federal and regional levels. Adoption of laws that regulate religious activities.