WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Monsignor Benson. // America;5/25/1912, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p160
The article offers information on the contributions of Monsignor Benson on the spread of Catholicism in New York. It states that the good priest has gained a lot of admirers during his six weeks stay in this location. He has also visited Boston, Massachusetts where a great number of believers...
- Fraternal Orders. Rubino, David A. // America;1/4/2010, Vol. 202 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the advice to young clergies from senior clergies who are staying at Bishop Michael J. Murphy Residence for Retired Priests in Erie, Pennsylvania. It says that there are several artifacts that are left behind by clergies who have died in the residence including walkers,...
- Lessons for on and off the fairways. McCarthy, Coleman // National Catholic Reporter;5/27/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p17
Features Father Tom Cronin, a Jesuit for 65 years and a priest for 51. Career background of Cronin; One of the theological theories of the clergy; Influence of the priest on the author; Commendation by Martin Luther King Jr. for this priest.
- A Minn. judge approved. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/14/2014, pA02
A Minn. judge approved a settlement in a case brought against state Catholic church leaders for failing to warn about an abusive priest. The sides agreed on 17 child protection protocols to dictate the handling of allegations of misconduct by priests.
- Sisters spotlight eco-justice. Guntzel, Jeff // National Catholic Reporter;9/12/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 39, p4
Highlights the annual national assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious in the U.S. Discussion of ecological justice and the Catholic church; Formulation of resolutions opposing the Free Trade Areas of the Americas; Theme of the convention.
- The Enriching Preaching of the Deacon. Cunningham, W. Patrick // Homiletic & Pastoral Review;Oct2011, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p46
The article focuses on the critical role played by deacons in preaching the gospel to the Catholics. Deacons are consecrated to the ministry of service which can be liturgical, social, and even evangelical. It notes that preaching is a vital part of the deacons' prophetic service in their...
- Trust in Priests and Clergy Falls 26 Points in 12 Months. // America;12/16/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 20, p5
Discusses a 2002 Harris Poll survey indicating a huge drop in confidence in Catholic priests and the clergy. Continuing scandals of sexual abuse; Reaction of the laity on the manner by which the church handles complaints.
- More Priestly Fraternity. Garneau, James F. // America;10/22/2001, Vol. 185 Issue 12, p12
Comments on the efforts of Catholic priests to forge strong fraternity with their fellow priests. Caution of some sectors in the Catholic Church about the legitimacy of such efforts; Discussion on the needs of priests; Importance of fraternity among priests; Nature of the work of priests.
- The Vanishing Eucharist. Jabusch, Willard F. // America;5/12/2003, Vol. 188 Issue 16, p12
Focuses on the shortage of priests in the Catholic Church, as of April 2003. Effects of the shortage; Solution offered to the shortage which was rejected in Europe and North America.