WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Monsignor Benson. // America;5/25/1912, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p160
The article offers information on the contributions of Monsignor Benson on the spread of Catholicism in New York. It states that the good priest has gained a lot of admirers during his six weeks stay in this location. He has also visited Boston, Massachusetts where a great number of believers...
- Fraternal Orders. Rubino, David A. // America;1/4/2010, Vol. 202 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the advice to young clergies from senior clergies who are staying at Bishop Michael J. Murphy Residence for Retired Priests in Erie, Pennsylvania. It says that there are several artifacts that are left behind by clergies who have died in the residence including walkers,...
- Lessons for on and off the fairways. McCarthy, Coleman // National Catholic Reporter;5/27/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p17
Features Father Tom Cronin, a Jesuit for 65 years and a priest for 51. Career background of Cronin; One of the theological theories of the clergy; Influence of the priest on the author; Commendation by Martin Luther King Jr. for this priest.
- A Minn. judge approved. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/14/2014, pA02
A Minn. judge approved a settlement in a case brought against state Catholic church leaders for failing to warn about an abusive priest. The sides agreed on 17 child protection protocols to dictate the handling of allegations of misconduct by priests.
- Sisters spotlight eco-justice. Guntzel, Jeff // National Catholic Reporter;9/12/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 39, p4
Highlights the annual national assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious in the U.S. Discussion of ecological justice and the Catholic church; Formulation of resolutions opposing the Free Trade Areas of the Americas; Theme of the convention.
- The Enriching Preaching of the Deacon. Cunningham, W. Patrick // Homiletic & Pastoral Review;Oct2011, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p46
The article focuses on the critical role played by deacons in preaching the gospel to the Catholics. Deacons are consecrated to the ministry of service which can be liturgical, social, and even evangelical. It notes that preaching is a vital part of the deacons' prophetic service in their...
- Are We Killing Our Priests? Dorff, Francis // America;04/29/2000, Vol. 182 Issue 15, p7
Discusses the priestly suicide which is a degradation of the quality of a priest's personal life and ministry. Ways in which Christians contribute to the killing of the priests; Explanations for the killing of priests; Key question that eventually emerges whenever attending on how to act as...
- Trust in Priests and Clergy Falls 26 Points in 12 Months. // America;12/16/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 20, p5
Discusses a 2002 Harris Poll survey indicating a huge drop in confidence in Catholic priests and the clergy. Continuing scandals of sexual abuse; Reaction of the laity on the manner by which the church handles complaints.
- One hundred journeys. Gelson, James N. // America;4/15/1995, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p26
Comments on Roman Catholic priests in the United States and the lack of reverence among worshippers. Sense of transcendence in their lives; Parents trying to pacify crying babies; Morale and lack of respect for priests; Letting the house of God be a house of prayer.