WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The Problem with Juicy Memoirs. // Christianity Today;May2008, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the revelation of the adult children of two prophetic Christian leaders about the lives of their deceased parents. Poet Honor Moore, daughter of the late Episcopal bishop Paul Moore of New York, said in "The New Yorker" that the bishop was a distant father to his nine...
- The Great Evangelical Disaster (Book). Buttram, Jack E. // National Review;10/19/1984, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p61
Reviews the book "The Great Evangelical Disaster," by Francis Schaeffer.
- DOMINION THEOLOGY. Steiger, Brad; Steiger, Sherry // Conspiracies & Secret Societies;2006, p119
An encyclopedia entry for "Dominion Theology" is presented. It was noted that supporters of Dominionism would like to bring into effect a political structure in which Christians alone are biblically-mandated to control all secular institutions in the U.S. In "A Christian Manifesto" evangelical...
- Francis Schaeffer and the Shaping of Evangelical America. Lofton, Kathryn // Church History;Dec2010, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p983
A review of the book "Francis Schaeffer and the Shaping of Evangelical America," by Barry Hankins, part of the Library of Religious Biography Series, is presented.
- Francis Schaeffer and the Shaping of Evangelical America. Ingersoll, Julie // Journal of American History;Sep2009, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p611
The article reviews the book "Francis Schaeffer and the Shaping of Evangelical America," by Barry Hankins.
- Frances Schaeffer and the Shaping of Evangelical America. Sutton, Matthew Avery // Journal of Church & State;Sep2010, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p596
The article reviews the book "Frances Schaeffer and the Shaping of Evangelical America," by Barry Hankins.
- L'Abri Turns 50. Cutrer, Corrie // Christianity Today;May2005, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the 50th anniversary celebration of L'Abri, the church ministry founded by philosopher and pastor Francis Schaeffer in Switzerland in 1955. Spiritual teachings offered by the ministry to disillusioned Christians and seeking non-Christians; Background on Schaeffer; Other branches of...
- NOT YOUR FATHER'S L'ABRI. Whorthen, Molly // Christianity Today;Mar2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p60
The article discusses the transformation of L'Abri, the Christian study center and commune in the Swiss Alps founded by celebrity apologist Francis Schaeffer more than 20 years after Schaeffer's death. Between L'Abri's 1955 founding and the early 1970s, the ministry attracted European students...
- LEARNING TO CRY FOR THE CULTURE. Fischer, John // Christianity Today;Apr2007, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p40
The article profiles evangelical church leader Francis Schaeffer. According to the author, Schaeffer was the first Christian he found who could embrace faith and the despair of a lost humanity at the same time. It says that Schaeffer took a strong stand against abortion and euthanasia and called...