WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Second Spring in Sweden. McCorry, Vincent P. // America;4/16/1966, Vol. 114 Issue 16, p551
The article outlines the Christian evangelization in Sweden. History shows that the evangelization was started by Saint Ansgar in the 17th century after Christ. It notes that the Lutheran parish priest in the country is considered as a civil registrar who spends a specified time in his registry...
- A Road Less Traveled: The Evangelical Path of Kanadier Mennonites Who Returned to Canada. Guenther, Bruce L. // Journal of Mennonite Studies;2004, Vol. 22, p145
The article explores on the beliefs and insights of Kanadaier Mennonite immigrants in joining evangelical congregations in Canada. The move of the Kanadier Mennonites joining the evangelical group is formed by a mixture of social, cultural and theological factors that were impacted by the...
- Fudge ripple at the Rock. Kachur, R. // Christianity Today;3/4/88 Special Issue, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
An analysis of the Rock of Our Salvation Evangelical Free Church and the opinions and policies of its pastor, Reverend Raleigh Washington. The church is located in the 95 percent black neighborhood of Austin, on the West Side of Chicago, Ill. Reverend Washington is the denomination's first...
- Ruling in Minnesota bankruptcy case affirms RFRA. // Church & State;Jun96, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the ruling of the United States 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, in the case of `Christians v. Crystal Evangelical Free Church' in Minnesota, relating to contributions made to the church by a couple whose business went into bankruptcy. Hope of creditors to seize the contributions;...
- Fudge ripple Sundays. // Christianity Today;10/4/93, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p24
Deals with the formation of the Rock of Our Salvation ministry. Beginnings from the Circle Church; Former Circle Church member Glen Kehrein's experiences; Relationship with Raleigh Washington; Shortcomings of the Circle Church; Features of the Rock of Our Salvation ministry.
- Buda Elem. 'Kids of Character' for the 5th Six Weeks (. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/11/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p4B
The article offers information on Buda Elementary School (BES) students who were recognized by six week teachers with "Kids of Character" awards including Zofia Reyes, Nathaniel Perez, and Preston Jones.
- A Texas Trilogy (Book Review). Rachow, Louis A. // Library Journal;12/1/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 21, p2508
Reviews the book 'A Texas Trilogy: 'The Last Meeting of the Knights of the White Magnolia'; 'LuAnn Hampton Laverty Oberlander'; 'The Oldest Living Graduate',' by Preston Jones.
- Evangelical Ireland. Miller, Paul // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2008, Issue 181, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "While We're At It," by Richard John Neuhaus in the December 2007 issue.
- The Evangelical Church and the development of neoliberal society: A study of the role of the... Hoksbergen, Roland; Madrid, Noemi Espinoza // Journal of Developing Areas;Fall97, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the existence of the Evangelical Church, with emphasis on the development of the neoliberal society, discussing the factors associated with the implementation of neoliberalism in Guatemala and Honduras. Promotion of neoliberalism by non-governmental organizations (NGO) Definition of...