WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Webinar lectures launched for 2010. // British Dental Journal;4/10/2010, Vol. 208 Issue 7, p321
A description of the course in professional development through cyber electronic-learning programme being offered at Tipton Training Ltd. in Great Britain is provided.
- Online CPD courses now available. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jan2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p60
The article reviews online continuing professional development (CPD) courses introduced by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) to its portfolio on various topics such as leadership skills, customer service and effective communication.
- Career enrichment through media/technology courses. // Media & Methods;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p62
Lists continuing education courses and degrees being offered by several universities. Includes the University of Colorado's Information and Learning Technologies program in Denver; The Pennsylvania State University's Instructional Systems course; University of Indianapolis' Graduate School of...
- UPONOR ACADEMY NOW OFFERS CEUS FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. // Fuel Oil News;Aug2012, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p12
The article presents the Uponor Academy training courses for continuing education aimed at professionals looking to expand their knowledge in radiant heating and cooling, plumbing and fire sprinkler systems.
- "To Work in the Field of the Lord": Roots of the Crisis in Priestly Identity. Tentler, Leslie Woodcock // U.S. Catholic Historian;Fall2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p1
An essay is presented on priests who were ordained in the U.S. from 1949-1962. The author mentions the increasing popularity of seminaries to several young men during the preconciliar years particularly after the World War II and they aimed for spiritual, economic, and societal changes. The...
- Assessment in Theological Education: Do our Theological Values Matter? Harkness, Allan // Journal of Adult Theological Education;Dec2008, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p183
Assessment is a significant component of theological education. Set in the context of South East Asian theological education but with broader relevance, this article calls for greater consideration to be given to assessment approaches used in the curricula of seminaries to ensure that there is...
- Worldmath Curriculum: Fighting Eurocentrism in Mathematics. Anderson, S. E. // Journal of Negro Education;Summer90, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p348
The article discusses issues on how mathematics can be taught without the racist and sexist bias of Eurocentrism. It notes that institutionalized Eurocentric curricula constantly reinforce the racial and sexual inferiority complexes among people of color and women. The author cites the duty of...
- The Politics of Curriculum, Race, and Class. Sizemore, Barbara A. // Journal of Negro Education;Winter90, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p77
The article explores the politics of curriculum, race and class in education in the U.S. The author presents an argument over the content of American curriculum, in which one side advocates pluralism and inclusiveness based on gender, ethnicity, race, and class, while the other side are...
- Social Justice in Education. Kretchmar, Jennifer // Social Justice -- Research Starters Education;3/1/2016, p1
This article provides a summary of social justice in education, with an overview of definition and theory, practical applications, and contesting viewpoints. While social justice is an idea with roots in ancient Greek philosophy, as a more formalized area of study within education, it is a much...