WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The secrets in the gift ideas box. Tesseras, Lucy // Marketing Week (Online Edition);2/27/2013, p18
The article focuses on trends in gift buying. The trend for Mother's Day is explained in relation to gifting fatigue and type of present purchased. Gift-buying events are presented such as Christmas, Easter, and Valentine's Day. Grocers are highlighted as the popular choice for gift-buying for...
- DIY Romance. Goodman, Wendy // New York;2/11/2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p50
The article focuses on original Valentine's Day gifts and stores where they can be purchased in the New York City area. Attention is paid to dessert 'LOVE' plates available at Clio store, the Kiss Machine, available at Fantasma Magic store, and "My Book About Me," by Dr.Seuss. Also mentioned are...
- The contrary cupid. Sims, George // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p98
The author ponders on giving gifts during Valentine's Day. He admits that he is a poor giver of gifts but enjoys the actual presenting of presents. He tells how he approaches gift-buying and appreciates the thought of receiving little things. He suggests gifts like jonquils, chocolate cookies...
- Valentine's Day Gift Guide. // Curve;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p12
The article features several Valentine's Day gift suggestions for lesbians including Amy Conway's Inner Vision Unisex Square Band ring, the Revel Body ball-shaped vibrator, and the Slender G Waterproof Vibrator.
- Men spend more than women on Valentine's Day: Survey. // Money Life;2/9/2016, p6
The article reports on the higher Valentine's Day spending among men than women based on an online survey conducted by Indian gifting website Giftease.com. Topics covered include the variation between the preferred gifts for men and women, the higher number of married men who pre-plan for...
- What Her Valentine's Gift Really Says. Steinberg, Allison // Curve;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p15
The article focuses on the true meaning of a Valentine's gift, which is considered an intricate and a deeply psychoanalytical trade. It is stated that unexpected gifts may be the best kind of gifts to give, and others may just be indications of loneliness. Thus, some tips are presented further...
- Special gifts please the giver. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;1/6/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p4
In this article, the author discusses his wants from a gift, especially during Christmas season, that carries more meaning than a plaything and more joy than a toy.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Our Sunday Visitor;11/29/2009, Vol. 98 Issue 31, p3
This article presents the results of a survey on the gift giving practice among people in the U.S. in the 2009 Christmas season.
- Giving Tree deadline coming up. // East Bernard Express (TX);12/4/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 49, p1
The article announces the deadline for the "Giving Tree for Christmas" project which will be on December 14, 2008.