WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Selma to Montgomery March Marks a New Phase for the Civil and Human Rights Movement. Henderson, Wade // La Prensa San Diego;3/9/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the contribution of reformatory civil and human rights movements in lives of American people.
- Let's make 2013 a year for human rights. Neve, Alex // Filipino Post;12/13/2012, p12
The author reflects on the necessity of Canada to protect human rights internationally in various countries including Egypt, Syria and Colombia in 2013.
- Forum set on `Bell Curve' controversy. // New York Amsterdam News;11/19/94, Vol. 85 Issue 47, p6
Reports on African and Caribbean Rights Organization's symposium `For Whom the Bell Curves.' Venue; Date; Featured speakers; Focus of discussions.
- 'Justice Ride' to the Northern Territory. // Green Left Weekly;7/7/2010, Issue 843, p4
A photograph of twenty-five intrepid activists who will be participating Alice Springs, a part of a Justice Ride to show solidarity with Aboriginal people fighting against Northern Territory intervention.
- International bodies oppose U.S. curbs on freedom. Deen, Thalif // New York Amsterdam News;12/13/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 50, p2
Reports that leading intergovernmental human rights bodies have cautioned the U.S., Great Britain and Canadian governments against imposing excessive curbs on basic freedoms in their efforts to battle terrorism. Purpose of anti-terrorism measures; Violation of the government on some...
- Rights Fund Slates Gala Dallas Dinner. // Advocate;9/16/82, Issue 351, p12
Highlights the benefit event for the Dallas/Fort Worth committee of the National Human Rights campaign fund in Dallas, Texas. Speaker at the event; Features of the event.
- Tibetans rallied in Geneva as UN rights meet began. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p13
The article on the move of various Tibetans across Switzerland and Liechtenstein to stage a rally in front of the UN office in Geneva, demanding concern and action on reports regarding the deteriorating human rights condition in Tibet.
- Tiffany and Perabo at HRC gala. DEMAREST, ERICA // Windy City Times;11/16/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p33
The article provides information on highlights of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Chicago's annual gala held on November 12, 2011 at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park in Illinois.
- Human Rights. // Mali Country Review;2011, p45
The article offers information on the development of human rights in Mali, which was risked by limited infrastructure, corruption and administrative inefficiency.