WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- WHAT'S YOUR NAME? // Dolly;Apr2005, Issue 414, special section p3
Reveals that the most popular first name for guys from 1996 to 2005 has been Joshua. Most popular name in 1989.
- What's in a name? // Ethos P-6;2001 Term 1, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p22
Offers curriculum idea for teaching the common names used in Australia. Meanings of personal names; Surnames based on fathers' names; Names which came from occupations.
- What's in a Name? Dreyfus, Marion D. S. // Vocabula Review;Mar2014, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p1
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences in the study of names.
- Onomastics, You and Me Is Quits. Aristides // American Scholar;Winter80-Winter81, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p15
Traces the origins of personal names in the United States. Problems caused by names; Change in immigrants' names; Most common American names; Penchant for elegant names; Naming of children.
- GENERIC NAMES WITH THE BULGARIANS (PART II). Choleva-Dimitrova, Anna // Makedonski Pregled;2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p111
An abstract of the article "Generic Names With the Bulgarians" by Anna Choleva-Dimitrova is presented.
- What's in a name? // Children & Young People Now;9/17/2009, p30
In this article, the author discusses the significance of having a name to every individual in Great Britain. He states that having a name can be of great help to people to be recognised and identified and to gain lots of friends. He mentions that people's names do not determine the character,...
- Jacob and Sophia Top Baby Names List. // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p75
The article reports that Jacob and Sophia were again the top baby names for boys and girls in the U.S. for 2012.
- When can a McKay be Dutch? When he's Mackaay. Davies, Hunter // New Statesman;06/26/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4492, p61
Analyzes the surnames of players representing each country in the Euro 2000 sports tournament in England. Personal assessment on the surnames; Reason for the differences.
- Aspects of Anthroponomy in Romanian Formulaic Expression. DUDA, Gabriela; GAFU, Cristina // Word & Text: A Journal of Literary Studies & Linguistics;2011, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p41
Romanian popular literature possesses a very rich stock of formulaic expressions (proverbs, sayings, proverbial expressions, precepts, teachings, verbal stereotypes). These expressions have multiple ways of valorising anthroponomy. The paper aims to examine historical anthroponyms which may be...