WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Before a petition, get the facts. Schwartz, Jeff // Pipe Dream;2/12/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p6
In this article, the author discusses the significance of signature in a petition.
- D.C. Slot Machines Question Off the Ballot. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31943, p4
Reports on the ruling by electoral officials in the District of Columbia that an insufficient number of valid signatures from district voters was filed in a petition process to put video slot machines to referendum. Plan to appeal the decision; Proposal that would have allowed slot machines at a...
- Petition to ask Mayor Joe Sinnott sign Mayors for Freedom to Marry. Mahler, Mike // Erie Gay News;Mar2012, p1
The article focuses on the petition asking for the signature of Erie, Pennsylvania Mayor Joe Sinnot in the Mayors for the Freedom to Marry campaign of the group Freedom to Marry. It mentions that signature of Sinnot and other mayors were included without their knowledge that they asked for the...
- Petition against course. // Optometry Today;1/31/2014, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on over 1,400 signatures received by a petition launched on January 22, 2014 against plans to create a new optometry course in the south of England, an initiative that aims to gain support in the form of signatures from 5,000 people by March 2014.
- Seizing the Initiative. Ramsey, Bruce // Liberty (08941408);Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p21
In this article, the author discusses the issue of banning out-of-state signature gatherers in the U.S. He elaborates on several cases, such that of Paul Jacobson against the state of Oklahoma, Yes on Term Limits v. Savage and Meyer v. Grant, where individuals were penalized for gathering...
- Candidates' Petitions Scrutinized for Legitimacy. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;12/8/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p2
The article focuses on the issue of alleged forgery on the nominating petitions of mayoral candidates in Chicago, Illinois from which Chicago Mayor Richard Daley stated that there should be federal and state investigations on the controversy.
- HERE WE GO AGAIN. Radosta, Jim; Krause, Timothy // Just Out;6/6/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on the approval of the signature gathering for the Student Protection Act III in Oregon. Aim of the act to ban public schools from endorsing the behaviors of homosexuality or bisexuality; Chief petitioners; History of acts I and II.
- Petition tops 1,500 names as Gowers deadline nears. // Music Week;4/22/2006, Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the number of signatures acquired by "Music Week's" music industry petition for the extension of music copyright in Great Britain. "Music Week's" Extend The Term! Campaign has startled the music industry to extend the term of copyright in sound recordings beyond the...
- Note and Comment. // America;2/6/1926, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p404
The article offers world news briefs related to Catholicism. According to the "English Catholic Directory" for 1926, the estimated number of the Catholic in the world is 324,328,408. One of the last works to which the venerable DesirÃ© Joseph Cardinal Mercier, Primate of Belgium, devoted...