WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Muslim chaplain sees value in crucifixes. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;5/14/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 28, p10
Reports that Imam Yahya Hendi, Muslim chaplain of Georgetown University, has said that he would resign if the university removes crucifixes from its classrooms as some students have proposed. Danger of removing religious values from public discourse; Contribution of religion to Georgetown.
- New rules hint at another conservative pope. // National Catholic Reporter;4/19/96, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p10
Reports that according to Jesuit Fr. Thomas J. Reese, the announced changes in procedures for electing a pope will probably assure the election of a hardline conservative. Election of the pope by an absolute majority of the College of Cardinals rather than by a two-thirds majority; Implications...
- Demystifying an ancient autocracy. Kwitny, Jonathan // New Leader;12/16/97, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p35
Reviews the book `Inside the Vatican: The Politics and Organization of the Catholic Church,' by Thomas J. Reese.
- `Family Popcorn' strip syndicated. // Editor & Publisher;02/15/97, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p38
Reports that the daily and Sunday comic strip `Family Popcorn' is being self-syndicated by its creators, Shel Dorf and Tom Reese. Professional careers of Dorf and Reese.
- LETTERS. Collins, James J.; Roche, Robert; Swanberg, David; Reese, Thomas J. // America;4/10/1982, Vol. 146 Issue 14, p269
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to article "The Eucharist: Liturgy of the World" by Thomas J. Reese in the February 13, 1982 issue and a response of Thomas Reese to the letter senders.
- LETTERS. McDONALD, MYLES T.; MOLINEAUX, DAVID; BUERGE, DAVID M.; MACRAE, CAROL; MANDELL, DANIEL N. // National Catholic Reporter;1/1/2016, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p21
Letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in 2015 including "How can the synod process be improved?" by priest Thomas Reese in November 20-December 3 issue, "Complexity mires action on gun violence" in December 4-17 issue and "Remove Myers, petition asks pope" in August 14-27.
- ARCHBISHOP (Book Review). Hughes, John Jay // Theological Studies;Sep89, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p604
Reviews the book 'Archbishop: Inside the Power Structure of the American Catholic Church,' by Thomas J. Reese.
- Vatican expert: Rules limit synod possibilities. Johnston, Rosemary // National Catholic Reporter;11/07/97, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the warning of Jesuit Father Thomas Reese of Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown University about the limitations that may incur in synod contributions due to improper delegation process. Number of synodal delegates allowed in episcopal conferences; Inadequate planning in the...
- Of Many Things. Linehan, Dennis M. // America;06/19/99, Vol. 180 Issue 21, p2
Reports on the joy and sadness of Father's Day 1999. Details on the life of Leo D. Sampson, who died on May 13; Return of James S. Torrens to the West to teach at the Jesuit National University of Mexico; Celebration on the silver jubilee ordination to the priesthood of Thomas J. Reese;...