WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Rochester boasts one of the largest LGBTQ libraries in the nation. Kramer, David // Empty Closet;Nov2016, Issue 506, p15
The article offers the author's insights on the Rochester Gay Alliance Library in Rochester, New York. Topics discussed include the library's collections of materials on LGBT topics and oldest gay newspaper "Empty Closet," the cooperation of the library with Evelyn Bailey, director of Shoulders...
- SHORT TAKES: Minneapolis. // Advocate;3/5/81, Issue 312, p12
Reports on the decision taken by superintendent of public schools in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on the issue of granting permission to gay and lesbian speakers to visit schools.
- Video wars. // Advocate;6/15/93, Issue 631, p7
Reports that the Springs of Life Church, has released a new version of the video tape 'The Gay Agenda in the Public Schools,' which contends that teachers secretly push homosexuality by exposing children to homosexual-themed video tapes.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: GEORGIA. // Advocate;5/5/92, Issue 602, p26
Reports on the veto of a measure that could have barred teachers from discussing homosexuality in public schools in Georgia.
- INTRODUCTION. A. G. K. // History of Quatrefoil Library;2009, preceding p1
An introduction to the book "History of the Quatrefoil Library" is presented.
- SHORT TAKES: Philadelphia, PA. // Advocate;9/16/82, Issue 351, p62
Reports on the availability of books and periodicals on gay and lesbian subjects at the Library of the Gay and Lesbian Community Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Should Thomas Jefferson ask for his books back? Sieling, Mark // Lambda Book Report;Jan98, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p21
Focuses on gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender (GLBT) books. Lack of GLBT books found in the Library of Congress; Identification of the GLBT pulp fiction titles found in the Library of Congress;
- NEWSINBRIEF west: California. // Advocate;3/9/93, Issue 624, p29
Reports that a ban on discussing homosexuality in public schools may be added to a ballot initiative forbidding enactment of bans on antigay discrimination in California.
- â€¦and Tennessee also bans any mention of homosexuality in state classrooms. // Empty Closet;Jun2011, Issue 446, pA15
The article reports on the approval of the "Don't Say Gay" bill which prohibits the discussion of homosexuality in public schools by senators in Tennessee.