WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- JoÃ£o Calvino: textos escolhidos. Matos, Alderi S. // Fides Reformata;2009, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p137
No abstract available.
- Index of Publishers. // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Aug2014, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p173
A publisher index for the August 2014 issue of "Journal for the Study of the New Testament" is presented.
- Index of Publishers. // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Aug2013, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p177
An index of publishers of the books reviewed in the July 2013 issue of "Journal for the Study of the New Testament" is presented.
- Revised NIV Makes Its Debut. Morgan, Timothy C. // Christianity Today;2/4/2002, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the January 2002 release of the Today's New International Version (TNIV) translation of the English New Testament by the International Bible Society. Reasons for the creation of the book; Description of the changes made from the English New Testament; Entity in charge of producing...
- Nyuzu for Japan. // Time;12/8/1952, Vol. 60 Issue 23, p57
The article reports on the sale of a new Japanese translation of the Bible's New Testament in December 1952. Reverend Tomio Muto, a Presbyterian minister and a former Tokyo judge in Japan, is responsible for the new translation. The first 10,000 copies of the version have been sold out and Muto...
- Beyond All Expectations. // Time;3/8/1968, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p59
The article reports the success of the book "Good News For Modern Man," the English translation of the New Testament made by the American Bible Society.
- New Bibles. // Time;10/6/1952, Vol. 60 Issue 14, p50
The article focuses on the release of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible in the U.S. in 1952. The Revised Standard Version was completed by a group of scholars from the Yale Divinity School after 14 years of patient work. They omitted such Biblical words as "Jehovah" and "Calvary" and...
- A NEW TESTAMENT COMMENTARY, VOLUME THREE. DOWD, WILLIAM A. // America;3/9/1957, Vol. 96 Issue 23, p650
The article reviews the book "A New Testament Commentary," volume three, by Ronald Knox.
- Giving thanks for a very readable version of a special book. Powell, Dennis E. // Athens News;11/19/2012, p6
The author expresses his thoughts about "the Knox Bible," by Monsignor Ronald Arbuthnott Knox, who re-translated the Bible in 1939. The author says he was fascinated by Knox for being a pioneering broadcaster. He notes that Baronius Press in Great Britain has republished the Knox Bible. He also...