WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- World Catholic Press. CULHANE, EUGENE K. // America;12/21/1957, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p363
The article discusses issues related to the Catholic Church that were published in various religious periodicals as of December 1957. One article in "Stimmen Der Zeit" stresses a reluctance to examine the extent of freedom in the church. An article in "Testimonio," suggests ways to improve the...
- The ROC: The Church as a Symbol of Desired Wholeness. Dubin, Boris // Russian Politics & Law;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p73
While in 1989 Orthodox Christianity signified-even for nonbelievers!-individuality, law, and freedom, today it signifies adherence to the majority, passivity, and state power.
- The ROC: The Church as a Symbol of Desired Wholeness. Dubin, Boris // Russian Social Science Review;May/Jun2015, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p18
While in 1989 Orthodox Christianity signifiedâ€”even for nonbelievers!â€”individuality, law, and freedom, today it signifies adherence to the majority, passivity, and state power.
- Editor's Notes. Wondra, Ellen K. // Anglican Theological Review;Winter2007, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p1
The article provides updates on the volume 89 issue of "Anglican Theological Review." The volume 89 of the journal begins with the proceedings of the Third International Conference on Afro-Anglicanism that was held in Toronto, Ontario from July 20-27, 2005. On the other hand, the author...
- How to prepare successful scientific manuscripts: practical advice from editors of radiology journals. Offiah, Amaka; Chu, Winnie; Davis, Razaan; Dixon, Adrian; Klein, Jeffrey; Lee, Edward // Pediatric Radiology;Sep2014, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p1056
The article offers tips on how to prepare scientific manuscripts from editors of radiology journals including Winnie C. W. Chu of Hong Kong Journal of Radiology who suggests a paper should provide details on methodology, how the subjects are recruited and the importance of the results and...
- Errors galore. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;01/31/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p31
Presents collections of errors in some church publications in the United States.
- High court to hear religious-speech case. // Christian Century;11/16/94, Vol. 111 Issue 33, p1071
Focuses on a Supreme Court hearing to decide whether the University of Virginia should subsidize student-run religious publications. Emphasis on the concept of free speech and the separation of church and state; Right of students to evangelize.
- AST volume 9 issue 2 Cover and Back matter. // Journal of Anglican Studies;Nov2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, pb1
The article offers information on Cambridge University Press journals "Church History: Studies in Christianity and Culture" and Journal of "Anglican Studies."
- Pope says Catholic newspapers have 'irreplaceable' role. NORTON, JOHN // Our Sunday Visitor;12/12/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 33, p2
The author presents his views on a statement by Pope Benedict XVI, who said that Catholic newspapers play a role in helping Catholics form their consciences.