WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The Spiritual Situation. Moore, Thomas // Spirituality & Health;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
The article deals with spirituality in the age of new technology. The author notes the changes in attitude and practices related to spirituality of the current generation. He mentions that many young people no longer think about prayer or theology. He adds that while many people are searching...
- Jim Rayburn: A Young Life Legacy. Lanker, Jason // Christian Education Journal;Spring2007, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p6
Jim Rayburn's (1909-1970) passion to see young people come to faith in Christ led to the establishment of Young Life in 1941. This parachurch organization focused on youth evangelism through after-school clubs and summer camps. The high-energy, adult-led, conversational, and incarnational...
- Of Many Things. J. O'H. // America;10/13/1979, Vol. 141 Issue 10, preceding p181
The article focuses on the phenomenon of Pope John Paul II worldwide. According to the author, the papacy of John Paul continues to fascinate and puzzle the Catholic community, mass media and the public as a whole. It states that the pope appears sympathetic and interested to every faces in a...
- Because I said so! Lamott, Anne // U.S. Catholic;May2005, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p18
Presents a reprint of the article "Because I Said So!," by Anne Lamott, previously appeared in the Web site Salon.com.
- A YEAR TO REMEMBER. // Extension: Awakening the Mission Spirit in America;Spring2014, p34
The article focuses on Pope Francis, the 266th elected Pope in Catholic Church in February 2013, with particular focus on various remarkable events during the first year of his tenancy. Topics include his participation for the World Youth Day celebration that was held in July 2013, his...
- The pope and the young. COLÓN, RAFAEL HERNÁNDEZ // Caribbean Business;9/1/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p21
The article offers the author's insights regarding the presence of Pope Benedict XVI during the World Youth Day of the Catholic Church in Madrid, Spain on August 18, 2011. He believes that the pope's journey during the event strengthens the faith and the will of the young who see themselves...
- Some Principles for the Evangelization of Younger Catholics in Secular Cultures. Rymarz, Richard // Australian e-Journal of Theology;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p157
This paper proceeds on the assumption that many Catholic youth and young adults in secular cultures reach, relatively early in life, a plateau of religious involvement and commitment. This plateau is characterized by, among other things, a loose religious affiliation but not an overt hostility...
- Pope looks to youth to build Cuba's future. Ivereigh, Austen // Our Sunday Visitor;10/4/2015, Vol. 104 Issue 23, p4
No abstract available.
- Spirituality in a material world. Hannam, Patricia // Youth Studies Australia;Winter1992, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p52
Reprints the article `Spirituality in a Material World,' which appeared in `Young People Now.'