WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Superior disagrees with Drinan. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;09/13/96, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p6
Reports that New England Jesuit province superior William A. Barry disagrees with Jesuit priest Robert F. Drinan's public defense of President Bill Clinton's veto of the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act. Publication of Drinan's articles defending Clinton in `New York Times' and `National Catholic...
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1996, Issue 66, p95
Reports on the view of Bishop James McHugh of Camden, New Jersey on the reaction of U.S. President Bill Clinton to Bob Dole's criticism of his veto of the partial-birth abortion ban. Statement issued by McHugh with regard to the vetoing of the partial-birth abortion ban; Opinion of McHugh on ...
- Overpopulation and what to do about it. McHugh, James T. // National Catholic Reporter;10/31/97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p19
Opinion. Criticizes the work of Robert Drinan, a Jesuit professor of law at Georgetown University in Washington, published in the August 29, 1997 issue of `National Catholic Reporter' periodical. Warning on world disasters brought about by overpopulation; Misrepresentation of the 1994 United...
- Effects of anesthesia during a partial-birth abortion. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on the effects of anesthesia during a partial-birth abortion. Hearing of the House of Representatives, Subcommittee on the Constitution, Committee on the Judiciary; Opening statement of Chairman Canady; Statement of Doctor Norig Ellison; Statement of Doctor David Birnbach.
- Evans vs. Kelley. Bostrom, Barry A. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p103
Discusses a case on partial-birth abortion in the United States. Challenge to the constitutionality of Michigan statute that prohibited partial birth abortions; Highlights of a three day bench trial; Constitutional analysis; Arguments of the physicians and abortion clinics.
- Selected excerpts from Justice Kennedy's Majority Opinion in Gonzales v. Carhart. // National Right to Life News;May2007, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
The article presents selected excerpts from U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy's Majority Opinion in the partial-birth abortion case Gonzales v. Carhart in 2007.
- Supreme Court hears abortion case. // Christian Century;05/10/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 15, p533
Reports on the discussion made by lawyers in the United States Supreme Court on partial-birth abortions. Meaning and interpretation on partial-birth abortion; Confusion in the interpretation of the provisions.
- A woman's right to infanticide. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/22/96, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p21
Presents a quote by Frederica Mathewes-Green in the May/June issue of `Heterodoxy,' on the topic of partial-birth abortions.
- Black congressional leaders on wrong side of partial birth... Parker, Star // Headway;Jul97, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p37
Reports that Black Congressional leaders are on the wrong side of the debate over partial birth abortion. Overview of the debate about birth abortion; Facts about abortion in general regarding blacks; Why do so many Congressional Black Caucus members support the partial birth.