WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Book reviews. Winter, Gibson // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer/Fall98, Vol. 35 Issue 3/4, p515
Reviews the books `Jews and Christians in Pursuit of Social Justice,' by Randall M. Falk et al, `Christian Social Ethics in a Global Era,' by Max L. Stackhouse et al and `Economics, Ethics, and Religion: Jewish, Christian, and Muslim Economic Thought,' by Rodney Wilson.
- RETURNING THE CORPORATION TO ITS ROOTS. Herman, Stewart W. // Business Ethics Quarterly;Mar1997, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p151
The article reviews the book "On Moral Business: Classical and Contemporary Resources for Ethics in Economic Life," edited by Max L. Stackhouse, Dennis P. McCann and Shirley J. Roels with Preston N. Williams.
- THE CONSTITUTION AND PUBLIC THEOLOGY. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov1990, Issue 7, p63
Looks at the views of Max Stackhouse of Andover Newton on the connection between the U.S. constitution and public theology. Basic issues of the constitution; Definition of public theology; Ploy to mask private interests; Proponents of the hermeneutics of suspicion.
- Globalization and Grace. Lansdowne, Carmen R. // Anglican Theological Review;Winter2011, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p184
The article reviews the books "Globalization and Grace," by Max L. Stackhouse.
- MAX STACKHOUSE'S CONCEPT OF RELIGIOUS REASON AND THE PLAINT OF 'THE REST' Healey, Stephen // International Journal on World Peace;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p15
Explores the complaint of non-Westerners against Westerners in light of the account of religious reason of Max Stackhouse. Views of a Jihadist on Western development, cultural institutions and goods, values and laws; Concept of religious reason by Stackhouse; Claims of Stackhouse about the...
- COVENANT AND COMMITMENTS. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1997, Issue 75, p73
Reviews the book "Covenant and Commitments," by Max Stackhouse.
- THE SPIRIT AND THE MODERN AUTHORITIES. Volume 2 of GOD AND GLOBALIZATION (Book). Kopfensteiner, Thomas // Theological Studies;Jun2002, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p411
Reviews the book 'The Spirit and the Modern Authorities. God and Globalization: Theological Ethics and the Spheres of Life,' vol. 2, edited by Max L. Stackhouse and Don S. Browning.
- ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS AND CHRISTIAN HUMANISM. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1997, Issue 75, p72
Reviews the book "Environmental Ethics and Christian Humanism," by Thomas Sieger.
- God and Globalization.Vol.3: Christ and the Dominions of Civilization (Book). Thu En Yu // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Jul2004, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p133
Reviews the book "God and Globalization: Christ and the Dominions of Civilization," vol. 3 edited by Max L. Stackhouse and Diane B. Obenchain.