Good Restaurants In Gomorrah
- Homosexual Acts Morally Neutral, Priests Say. // Advocate;Feb1968, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the classification of homosexual acts between consenting adults as morally neutral by the Episcopalian priests in the U.S. Participants of Project H, a symposium on the church's approach to homosexuality; Criteria used in the judgment of homosexual relationship; Difficulty in...
- God and Man in Phoenix. Kelley, H.N. // National Review;8/12/1991, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p23
Analyzes the recent Episcopal general convention, a ten-day triennial affair. Emphasis on sexuality; Divergent views between traditional and free-wheeling radical factions; Agenda of gay rights activists at the convention from Integrity, the organization for homosexual Episcopalians; Other...
- Episcopalians forge uncertain future. BRIGGS, KEN // National Catholic Reporter;8/21/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p7
The article analyzes the issue concerning the approval made by the Episcopal General Convention regarding the admission of gays and lesbians to the office of bishops and same-sex marriage in July 2009. According to the author, the message of the convention would possibly mark the grave of a...
- Moratorium Mess. LeBlanc, Douglas // Christianity Today;May2005, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the move of top-ranking bishops of the U.S. Anglican Communion to ask the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Church of Canada to dismiss themselves from the Anglican Consultative Council until the next Lambeth Conference in 2008. Need for the both churches to explain why they allow...
- Homosexuals triumph in two Anglican denominations. Champion, Chris // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/27/96, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p39
Reports on Episcopal Church proceedings against the ordination of Homosexuals as priests. Heresy charges against retired bishop Walter Righter; Ordination of homosexuals by former Archbishop of Canterbury, Robert Runcie.
- Resolution Defeated. // Advocate;12/3/75, Issue 178, p19
Reports on the Episcopal Diocese of Michigan's rejection of a resolution on homosexuality that would have called for the ordination of qualified gay men, opening Church facilities to gay organizations, and a commitment to work against discriminating laws.
- Dumbing Down Marriage. Kloehn, Steve // Christianity Today;09/04/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p107
Highlights the reaction of the Episcopal Church on homosexuality discussed in a convention in Denver, Colorado in July,2000. Religious doctrine on the sanctity of marriage; Gays and lesbians in the Episcopal Church.
- Resolution Passed. // Advocate;12/3/75, Issue 178, p19
Reports on the Episcopal House of Bishops' issuance of a resolution to assure the continuation of the dialogue between the Church and the leaders of the organizing forum for homophiles who are active members of the Episcopal Church.
- Discipline of Episcopal Church Derailed. // Christianity Today;04/23/2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p19
Reports that the Anglican Communion has deffered a proposal that would have sanctioned the Episcopal Church for its liberal stance on homosexuality. Details on the proposal of conservative leaders; Information on the pastoral letter of Anglican Church from its March 2001 meeting; Actions to be...