Letter from Paris
- Beloved Native Son to Become 36th Polish Saint. Strybel, Robert // Polish American Journal;Nov2013, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p1
The article offers information related to the appointment of John Paul II as first non-Italian pope on April 27, 2013.
- U.S. Bishops: Pope Shows Pastoral Care for Faithful. // America;7/30/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 3, p7
The article reports that U.S. church leaders have cautioned against what one called early and false conclusions about Pope Benedict XVI's July 7, 2007 document expanding the use of the Tridentine Mass. They said that it should be seen primarily as an affirmation of the importance of reverential...
- If I were pope... Gary, Heather Grennan // U.S. Catholic;Jun2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p24
Presents the results of a survey which discussed ideas concerning proper papal governance. Comments on the role of popes in radical peacemaking; Views on the importance of the religious leader to the restructuring of the Catholic Church; Similarity of papacy with the monarchy in England. ...
- RONALD J. RYCHLAK THE CONSCIENCE OF CROATIA. // New Oxford Review;Nov2009, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p28
The article offers information on the life and contribution of Aloysius Stepinac, archbishop of Zagreb and leader of the Roman Catholic Church in Croatia. It stresses that Stepinac was considered as conscience of Croatia because of his strong opposition on the administration of Ustashe party...
- Rwandan archbishop testifies. Cones, Bryan; Dix, Tara // U.S. Catholic;Oct2005, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p10
Reports that Archbishop ThaddÃ©e Ntihinyurwa, the head of the Roman Catholic Church in Rwanda, testified before a provincial court explaining his alleged role in the country's 1994 genocide. Allegation on how Ntihinyurwa was involved in the murder; Information on his admission to meetings...
- The disappearing bishops. // National Catholic Reporter;11/25/2005, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p28
Discusses the withdrawal of U.S. bishops from the national issues and meaningful engagement events with Rome. Causes of the retreat; Disintegration of a great national church intro regional groupings; Status of sex abuse and homosexuality issues.
- Pope lands in Israel; Peres, Abbas accept Vatican prayer invitation. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;5/25/2014, p1
TEL AVIV (JTA) -- Pope Francis has landed in Israel for a two-day visit.
- Does the church tell me how to vote? Dinn, Jim // U.S. Catholic;Nov2006, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p41
The article focuses on the role of the Catholic Church in voting decisions of its members. Bishops argued that it would be pastorally inappropriate, theologically unsound and politically unwise for religious leaders to tell people how to vote. It reveals that a zealous church leader easily...
- Family Matters and the USCCB. Smith, Pamela // New Theology Review;Nov2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p42
The article presents information on the approval of documents on family matters by the bishops of the U.S. in November 2006, and discusses ways in which these documents are both helpful and challenging for pastoral ministry. Information on clarification, challenge, and reflection offered by the...