WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- FINDINGS & FOOTNOTES. // Religion Watch;Aug2014, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p10
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including emerging Christianity, conversions either to Judaism or Hinduism and a book "An Anxious Age" by Joseph Bottum.
- Faith communities enliven a church. Loncki, Gary; Mahoney, Michelle // National Catholic Reporter;11/15/96, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the need for small Christian communities. Benefits; Anecdotes; Reluctance of pastors to restructure their parishes; Implications; Expectations.
- Wounded healers in Nicaragua. Mulligan, Joseph E. // America;9/13/1997, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p7
Opinion. Recounts the author's experience in celebrating Mass with a Christian base community in Nicaragua in the local orthopedic hospital. How a young man who accompanied the author on the visit struggled for his physical rehabilitation; Impact of Nicaraguan Government's introduction of the...
- Catholic Church Still Largest U.S. Faith Community. // CARA Report;2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
The article offers information on the "2011 Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches" which lists the ten largest Christian faith communities and their change in membership from 2010 in the U.S.
- Iran and the Church. Campion, Owen F. // Our Sunday Visitor;7/5/2009, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p18
The author reflects on internal political issues surrounding Christian communities in Iran.
- Holy Land's Christians need our action and advocacy. // National Catholic Reporter;8/5/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p26
The article reports that the ecumenical summit has identified a number of ideas advocating to boost the Christian communities in the Holy Land.
- The Carthusian Charism Today. LOUF, ANDRÉ // Cistercian Studies Quarterly;2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p353
The article focuses on the history of the charism of Christian evangelical life. It mentions that in the first half of the fourth century the monks of the Christian communities started to withdraw to the deserts of Egypt and to the mountains of Asia Minor. It also discusses the development of...
- Briefly noted. // Christian Century;10/22/97, Vol. 114 Issue 29, p940
Presents news updates relevant to Christian communities as of October 22, 1997. Includes Henry Luce Foundation's awarding of a grant to the Association of Theological Schools; US Supreme Court's rejection of a challenge to a college's practice of having a minister offer two prayers at the...
- Firebombs Bolster Prayers Among Messianic Believers. Miles, Jonathan // Christianity Today;05/24/99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p34
Reports on the growing pressure on the Christian and Messianic Jewish communities in Israel. Firebomb attacks on members of the Christian and Messianic communities; Campaigns against the Christian and Messianic groups by religious institutions; Efforts of the Israeli Parliament to restrict...