WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- A kickin' band seeks your aid. Soder, Chuck // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p19
The article informs that JD Eicher & The Goodnights, an independent rock group is trying to raise money for their latest album on the web site Kickstarter.com.
- Only you can pick the utility rock stars. // Utility Week;7/16/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p8
The article invites readers to vote for their favourite utility rock band in the industry fundraiser for City Gateway and Tourettes Action sponsored by Gemserv and "Utility Week" magazine called the RPI-X Factor until July 30, 2010.
- Money for Something. // Syracuse New Times;7/24/2013, Issue 2186, p2
The article reports that the rock band Driftwood, consisting of members Dan Forsyth, Joe Kollar and Joey Arcuri, has started the Kickstarter campaign in order to raise 20,000 dollars for recording, printing and advertising 11 new songs for its third album, which will run till August 14, 2013.
- '60s bands reunite at Vogue. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p12
Highlights the 2004 gathering of several local bands at the Vogue Theater in Indianapolis, Indiana. Number of rock bands attending the event; Number of corporate sponsors; Efforts of the bands to raise money for the Steve Daybread Memorial Scholarship Funds.
- Zapatista Benefit Gig. // ScotsGay Magazine;Feb2009, Issue 87, p3
The article reports on the Zapatista/ACE Fundraising Gig sponsored by the Autonomous Centre of Edinburgh that will take place at Bannerman's in Edinburgh, Scotland on March 12, 2009. It states that rock groups including Rage (Against the Machine Tribute), Certain Death and Tickle will perform in...
- The Brandweek Caption Contest. // Brandweek;7/14/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 27, p30
The article discusses the results of the "Brandweek" magazine caption contest, which requested captions for a Bed Head print advertisement. The results produced print ad captions including the rock groups Flock of Seagulls and Right Said Fred, famous for their hairstyles. One contestant...
- Friends of the Earth hires Colling for insert offensive. Balmond, Sarah // Precision Marketing;4/16/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p6
Reports that Friends of the Earth appointed Mike Colling & Co. as its marketing agency in Great Britain. Efforts to bolster its fundraising activities; Newspaper and magazine advertising of the charity; Reasons why the charity selected the marketing agency.
- ON THE CAMPAIGN COUCHâ€¦ WITH JB. Bullmore, Jeremy // Campaign;4/22/2005, Issue 17, p27
This article focuses on Jeremy Bullmore's Campaign column. Now that the charity has grown and prospered, its marketing director seems to think he's running Procter & Gamble and has the right to order around as he wishes. It is a truth never openly acknowledged that all motives are mixed. Every...
- Expert view. Nield, Christopher // Third Sector;4/7/2009, p18
The author comments on the design of a direct mail advertisement made by Parkinson's Disease Society of Great Britain for its fund raising campaign. He praises the incorporation of Christmas theme in the print ad. He thinks that the design is persuasive but not coercive. He relates how he...