WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- CONTESTING PORNOGRAPHY: TERMINISTIC CATHARSIS AND DEFINITIONAL ARGUMENT . Palczewski, Catherine Helen // Argumentation & Advocacy;Summer2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p1
Criticizes the views of professor Catharine A. MacKinnon and feminist activist author Andrea Dworkin on the Civil Rights Ordinance against pornography. Emphasis on the definition of pornography; Identification of a definitional shift in pornography's terministic catharsis; Examination on...
- Defending Pornography. Antoniou, Laura // Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p23
An essay is presented in which feminist writers Catharine MacKinnon and Andrea Dworkin advocated for the censorship of pornography in the 1990s, claiming that it represented violence against women. Male versus female sexuality, Canadian pornography laws, and the book "Defending Pornography: Free...
- PUBLIC POLICY ARGUMENT AND SURVIVOR TESTIMONY: PRO-ORDINANCE CONSERVATIVES, CONFESSION, MEDIATION AND RECUPERATION. Palczewski, Catherine Helen // Conference Proceedings -- National Communication Association/Ame;1993 The Postmodern Challenge, p461
The article discusses the controversy over pornography in the U.S. In 1982, feminist scholars and activists Andrea Dworkin and Catharine A. MacKinnon co-authored an anti-pornography ordinance that created standing in civil court for women to sue traffickers and producers of pornography. The...
- Unheralded genius? // New Criterion;May2005, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p3
This article focuses on an article written by Catharine A. MacKinnon on radical feminist Andrea Dworkin, which was published in "The New York Times." MacKinnon has divided her article equally between praising her friend, Dworkin, for her "genius," originality, eloquence, moral fearlessness,...
- Pornography (Book). Mitchell, Sally // Library Journal;6/1/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p1236
Reviews the book 'Pornography: Men Possessing Women,' by Andrea Dworkin.
- Defending Pornography (for real this time). Antoniou, Laura // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;Summer95, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p21
Defends pornography against American writers Catharine MacKinnon and Andrea Dworkin. Alliance between the pro-censorship faction and the far Right; Benefits and advantages of writing about the lives of women in pornographic tales.
- THE PRISONER OF SEX. Ariel#Levy // New York;6/6/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p32
Discusses the efforts of feminist artist and activist Andrea Dworkin to fight pornography in the United States. Relationship between Dworkin and husband John Stoltenberg; Rape experience of Dworkin during her childhood; Anti-war stand of Dworkin; Dworkin's treatment of sex.
- Pornography as proof. Rule, Jane // Body Politic;Jun81, Issue 74, p27
Reviews the book "Pornography: Men Possessing Women," by Andrea Dworkin.
- Letters. Klein, Yvonne M.; Diamond, Charlie; Chaplin, Ken; Selene, Adam // Body Politic;Jan/Feb82, Issue 80, p4
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in the issues of "The Body Politic" newspaper prior to January 1982. Review of the book "Pornography: Men Possessing Women," by Andrea Dworkin; "Lawyers and Politics" which focuses on the administration of justice; "The...