WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The strange death of Catholic Ireland. LYNCH, GERRY // Prospect;Jul2015, Issue 232, p48
The article discusses the social revolution in Catholic Ireland, characterized by the referendum legalising same-sex marriage as of July 2015. Topics discussed include the declining population of the Irish Republic by 1961, the impact of the September 1979 visit of Pope John Paul II on the...
- Crusader Under Attack. // Time;5/18/1981, Vol. 117 Issue 20, p68
The article discusses the abortion law in Italy and the moral concern expressed by Pope John Paul II against the law. The law makes women over 18 eligible to have an abortion in the first three months of pregnancy at state expense. A referendum was scheduled in the country and since then the...
- Remembering Pope John Paul II. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/4/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p6
The author describes how he nearly captured the photograph most wanted by the media when the stage where Pope Paul II was when he spoke to people in San Antonio, Texas collapsed and crashed to the ground.
- Pope returns to Christian identity theme. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;6/20/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p13
Looks at Pope John Paul's trip to Croatia as a sentimental journey reconnecting the Polish pope with fellow Slav Catholics who survived a brutal civil war. Consideration of the Croatia trip as a nostalgic exercise to Pope John Paul II; Contribution of the tradition of Croatia to strengthening...
- INSIDE NCR. Roberts, Thomas // National Catholic Reporter;3/14/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p2
Focuses on the plea made for the pope to visit Iraq in order to trip up U.S. war efforts Iraq. Request for the pope to stay in Baghdad until a peaceful solution to the crisis in reached; Papal involvement in international diplomacy.
- In Memory of John Paul II. Kmie&caute;, Staś // Polish American Journal;Jun2012, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that the 7th Annual Tribute Concert in memory of Pope John Paul II took place on Mother's Day, May 13, 2012 at Saint Patrick's Cathedral in New York City.
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY. // Human Events;5/14/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 17, p28
The article presents information about Pope John Paul II who was born Karol Josez Wotyla in the Polish town of Wadowice on May 18, 1920.
- Late Pope Wished To Take a Dip In Ganga. // India -- West;5/6/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p40A
The article reports that the Pope John Paul II wished to take a dip in the Ganga River in India.
- Bishops approve Ex Corde norms. // National Catholic Reporter;10/24/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 27, p42
The article offers information related to the norms of the apostolic letter "Ex Corde Ecclesiae" of Pope John Paul II in 1990 and the norms got the Vatican approval in June 2000.