WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- `48 Hours' moves to Tuesday. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;12/08/97, Vol. 127 Issue 50, p80
Reports that the CBS Incorporated show `48 Hours,' will move from its Thursday broadcast spot to a Tuesday slot. Shows which the program will be in competition with; When the move is effective; Rating which the program has for its Thursday's slot; Comments from Susan Zirinsky, executive...
- What's new. Diamond, E. // New York;7/22/91, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p12
Considers the success of the CBS show `48 Hours' and two summer tryouts, `Verdict' and `Whose Side Are You On?,' all of which represent reality programming `based on' news. How shows are faring well despite television news layoffs; Why networks are shifting to low-budget news products; CBS...
- Timely news: `48 Hours' lasts a decade. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;9/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p32
Reports on the 10th anniversary celebration of television program `48 Hours.' Expansion of shows to accommodate breaking news such as the United States' attack on Iraq; Background on show's creation; Average viewership rating; Spinoff from 1986 Dan Rather documentary `48 Hours on Crack Street.'
- News show's sting story targets hvac repairmen. Heselbarth, Bob // Contractor Magazine;Mar1996, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the impression given by a television program on the residential hvac industry on `48 Hours' on January 8, 1996. Comments made by Dennis Dillon, district attorney for Nassau County, Nebraska, said during the show; Theme of the show.
- Cultural diversity videos -part 1. Mandell, P.L. // School Library Journal;Jan92, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p60
Reviews the videotape `48 Hours: Lights... Camera... War!,` produced by CBS News.
- Multimedia package extends reach, creates synergy--Pfizer links CBS, Prevention, Web. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the promotional tie-ups of Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Inc. Sponsorship of a supplement to the July 2000 issue of `Prevention' magazine; Segment of the television program `48 Hours' entitled `Living Better Longer'; Tractor-trailer with exhibit run by `Prevention.'
- Contractor accuses `48 Hours' of false reporting, innuendo. Clepper, Irene // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/26/96, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p1
Reports on Warner Corp. president Tom Warner's accusation against the CBS news show `48 Hours' for its sting operation on his company that was shown on the television program on February 8, 1996. Accusation against firm of fraud in the connection with repair of heating system of a home;...
- Contractor deals with news broadcast backlash. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/26/96, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the views of experts in the heating and ventilation industry on the television coverage of allegations of fraud against Warner Corp. over the program `48 Hours.' Anonymous experts on the health of the motor in question; Warner Corp. former employees' contention of company policy...
- Goldberg returns to `48 hours'. L.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/24/97, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the return of Bernard Goldberg to the television program `48 Hours.'