WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- WEBSITE REVIEWS. Nelson, Julia // Community Care;7/31/2003, Issue 1483, p44
Reviews the Web sites of several social service associations and charities in Great Britain. Folly; PhotoVoice; Artlink; Action Space.
- Help others this holidayâ€¦. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/2/2004, Issue 884, GAY & LESBIAN TIMES p30
Presents a list of charitable organizations in San Diego, California deserving of support. Admonition to make a donation. Names of charitable organizations; Contact information
- SMALL CHARITIES HAVE LARGE PROBLEMS. Tomlinson, Victoria // Accountancy;Dec1986, Vol. 98 Issue 1120, p88
Discusses the challenges faced by smaller charities in Great Britain. Establishment of a charity; Selection of volunteers; Expansion considerations.
- CRAIN'S LIST: LARGEST FOUNDATIONS. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p20
A list of the largest foundations in Michigan is presented. The Kresge Foundation is a national foundation that builds stronger nonprofit organizations. It is followed by the Skillman Foundation that help children in metropolitan Detroit by improving their homes, schools and neighborhoods. The...
- Why Hospitality Action deserves your support. Redford, Kirstie // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/9/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4411, p80
The article examines the projects of the nonprofit organization Hospitality Action in Great Britain in February 2006. Hospitality Action is the industry's main charity and it is using images of high-profile figures suffering hardship to illustrate its key message. The foundation is trying to...
- Saints $50M in charity work lost in deal-making debates. Price, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/6/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p8
The article reports that New Orleans, Louisiana Saints have pledged $50 million to state and local charities during the course of their 10-year $187 million subsidy agreement with the state. Tom Benson says he's not concerned even though the New Orleans Saints owner has threatened to move the...
- CIPS FOUNDATION MAKES A DIFFERENCE. // Supply Management;Jan2015, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p41
The article reports on the social services rendered by the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) Foundation.
- Charity Can Begin Again: Resolving the uncertainty of 'charity'. Fox, Ross // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Apr2006, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p13
The article focuses on the creation of the charity law in Australia. The guiding purpose of a charitable resolution should aim to support civil society organizations and charities to promote free expression of individuals in modern society. It should eradicate the uncertainty and ambiguity...
- 'Sham' charities uncovered. Wiggins, Kaye // Third Sector;9/6/2011, Issue 674, p17
The article focuses on fake charities in Great Britain. It makes reference to the removal of seven charities from the roster of the Charity Commission in August 2011. It discusses the circumstances leading to the discovery of fake charities, including common characteristics among them. Also...