- Christian Coalition Voter Guides Blocked By Americans United. Boston, Rob // Church & State;Nov2000, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on the efforts of Americans United to block the voters guide developed by members of the Christian Coalition for the 2000 national elections in the United States. Failure of the coalition's efforts to place its guides in Catholic churches; Coalition's claims of its desire to educate...
- Economic competition and political competition: A comment. Brown, William W.; Santoni, Gary J. // Public Choice;1980, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p27
Discusses several issues on the correlation between economic competition and political competition. Overview of a proposition that the cost of forming coalitions is an increasing function of the coalition's size; Effective price seen by public school patrons; Taxes per tax-paying unit to...
- Unions join coalition demanding smaller class sizes. Allen, Zita // New York Amsterdam News;7/14/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 29, p16
The article informs that city labor unions are part of a coalition of groups representing parents, civic organizations, labor unions and educators who recently presented the New York City Clerk with petitions containing over 70,000 signatures calling for a change to the City Charter to require...
- Public school speech-language pathologists' knowledge of sickle cell disease. Gentry, Betholyn F.; Dancer, Jess // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun98 Part 1, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p1034
Presents information pertaining to a questionnaire conducted among 77 public school speech-language pathologists concerning the knowledge of sickle cell disease. Information on sickle cell disease; Symptoms which sickle cell patients experienced, known as sickle cell crisis; Indication of...
- Miami School Board Rejects Religion Guidelines. // Church & State;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p3
States that the Miami-Dade School Board in Florida, rejected a request to distribute an advisory memo, in an effort to explain students' religious freedom in public schools, despite pressure from the Christian Coalition of Dade County. Objectives of the memo; Outcome of a vote made by the...
- A `contract with the family'. // Christian Century;5/24/95, Vol. 112 Issue 18, p559
Focuses on the Christian Coalition's `Contract with the American Family,' a ten-point plan calling for constitutional amendment to allow religious expression in schools and other public places. Introduction of plan by Ralph Reed, executive director of the coalition; Criticisms on the contract.
- 70 Chicago Principals Break With Colleagues To Press Board To Institute School Reforms. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;5/2/1990, Vol. 9 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the requests of the Chicago Public School Principals Coalition that the board make 23 changes in the district procedure to help principals in the efforts to improve schools. According to Sylvia Peters, chairman of the coalition, about 70 of the school system's 540...
- Preguntas electorales. SEBARROJA, JAUME CARBONELL // Cuadernos de PedagogÃa;nov2011, Issue 417, p3
No abstract available.
- SYRIZA congress aims to unite forces for left government. // Green Left Weekly;7/24/2013, Issue 974, p13
The article offers information on the first congress of the political party of Greece named "Coalition of the Radical Left (Syriza)" that have decided to become a new political party after it come close to win elections on an anti-austerity platform, that was held from July 10-14, 2013.