THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST
- To prevent a liturgical tug of war, bishop urges, `teach, teach, teach'. Schaeffer, Pamela // National Catholic Reporter;08/01/97, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p7
Highlights the view of Catholic Bishop Donald Trautman of Erie, Pennsylvania, on the need for education to counter a growing conservative movement striking at liturgical renewal rooted in the Second Vatican Council of the early 1960s. Seeking to correct priests and readers ad-libbing from...
- Music Ministry. McMahon, J. Michael // America;4/12/2004, Vol. 190 Issue 13, p13
Discusses the importance of music for parish liturgical celebrations. Information on the pastoral aspect of music ministry; Ways music help people connect the celebration of the liturgy with their own life of faith; Role of the Second Vatican Council in the liturgical reform of the music ministry.
- Multicultural Liturgy: Its Ongoing Challenge to the U.S. Catholic Church. Francis, Mark R. // New Theology Review;Aug2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p83
The article presents a reprint of the article "Multicultural Liturgy: Its Ongoing Challenge to the U.S. Catholic Church," by Mark R. Francis, which appeared in the December 2010 issue of the Notre Dame Center for Pastoral Liturgy "Bulletin." It focuses on the celebrations of liturgy in...
- The Council and the Liturgy. MC NASPY, C. J. // America;12/12/1964, Vol. 111 Issue 24, p778
The author expresses views on the liturgy of the Catholic Church. He states that people are further requested to participate actively in public worship. He notes that the liturgy is the summit toward which the activity of the Church is directed, rather than a set of code of exterior conduct or...
- The Effects of a Hermeneutic of Crisis on the Liturgy. Smith, Christopher // Sacred Music;Summer2011, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p42
The article discusses the hermeneutic crisis in the Catholic Church and its effect on the liturgy. Interpretations of the rubric of crisis, it says, are through different ways including the Reform Hermenuetic of Crisis theory and the Counter-Reform Hermeneutic of Crisis theory. It also notes...
- God is not an it. Cort, John C. // Commonweal;11/17/95, Vol. 122 Issue 20, p17
Reports that the practice of substituting God or God's whenever the masculine pronouns occur has created a new translation of the psalms by the International Commission on English in the Liturgy. Study translation; Translators restoration.
- Foreword. Zimmerman, Joyce Ann // Proceedings of the North American Academy for Liturgy;2011, preceding p3
A foreword to "Proceedings of the North American Academy of Liturgy" is presented.
- Liturgical Experimentation: I. // America;2/25/1967, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p275
The author comments on issues related to an article on experimental liturgies that appeared in the December 17, 1966 issue of "Paris-Match." According to the author, the article presented a mixture of true liturgical celebrations and non liturgical or paraliturgical demonstrations, photographed...
- Vatican Approves ICEL Statutes, Calls Meeting. // America;11/3/2003, Vol. 189 Issue 14, p5
Reports that the Vatican has approved new statutes for the International Commission on English (ICEL) in the Liturgy, giving the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments at the Vatican veto power over ICEL, in 2003. Task of the ICEL under the statutes; Concerns over English-language...