THE APPROACHING CENTURY OF RELIGION
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1997, Issue 75, p80
Addresses the increasing violent encounter between Islam and Christianity. Examples of violent encounters between Christians and Muslims; Views of Jesuit Father Thomas Michel regarding Muslim-Christian dialogue; Foreword of the book "The Decline of Eastern Christianity Under Islam: From Jihad...
- THE DECLINE OF EASTERN CHRISTIANITY UNDER ISLAM: FROM JIHAD TO DHIMMITUDE. Oakes, Edward T. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1997, Issue 75, p70
Reviews the book "The Decline of Eastern Christianity Under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude," by Bat Ye'Or.
- ISLAMIC ENCOUNTERS. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1998, Issue 80, p62
Comments on the responses to the review of the book "The Decline of Eastern Christianity Under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude," by Bat Ye'or. Indication of the difficulties in establishing a dialogue between Christianity and Islam; Aim of the campaign initiated by the Council of...
- Book reviews. Biechler, James E. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Winter98, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p127
Reviews the book, `The Decline of Eastern Christianity under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude, Seventh-Twentieth Century,' by Bat Ye'or.
- The Dhimmi: Jews and Christians under Islam. // Orbis;Fall85, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p643
The article reviews the book "The Dhimmi: Jews and Christians under Islam," by Bat Ye'or.
- EGYPT-UNREST. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);3/13/2010, Vol. 136 Issue 1193, p6
The article reports on the confrontation between Christians and Muslims which resulted to 24 injured people in Egypt.
- Egypt: A land not afraid of Muslim-Christian paradoxes. NORTON, JOHN // Our Sunday Visitor;1/16/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 38, p2
The article describes the Muslim-Christian relations in Egypt.
- In the heartland of Islam. Walker, R.L. // Christianity Today;4/8/91, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p56
Investigates the status of the Christian church in the Persian Gulf region. Difficulties of ministering in the heartland of Islam; Impact of the presence of foreign troops; Steps taken by the military to grant religious freedom to troops, without Egyptian Christians), by D. Aikman.
- Mission and the Peaceable Kingdom. Bonk, Jonathan J. // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Jan2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by David Shenk about the relationship between militant Muslims and evangelical Christians, and another by Hyun-Sik Kim about Christians in India.