We Hold These Truths
- 'Doing' Liberation Theology from within the Margins. ROSS, KAREN // Concilium (00105236);2013, Issue 2, p115
The article discusses aspects of the liberation theology impacting the lives of the oppressed and poor. It states the possibility of model of sister-parish relationships in acting liberation theology from within the margins and maintaining the integrity of the daily experiences. It also mentions...
- The Truth Will Make You Free. Grant, Lyndia // Washington Informer;3/26/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p35
The article describes the author's experience on the importance of speaking truthfully in all conversations and the liberation straight talk offers. According to the author life is short even if you live to be 100 years old and one must look within one's self to seek true freedom from one's...
- 'Freedom Will Make You True': Interpreting Jesus' Words through Reversal for the Authentication of Religion. Jae Hyun Chung // Asia Journal of Theology;Apr2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p147
The article presents an interpretation of Jesus Christ's proclamation that the truth will make one free by reversing the order and stating that freedom will make one true. It examines the relation between truth and freedom. It discusses the significance of truth and freedom in daily life. It...
- The call of philosophy... Hayes, Paul // Christian Century;1/21/2015, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A restless search for truth" in the December 24, 2014 issue.
- DIVINE ACTION. Miller, Kenneth R. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul2013, Issue 234, p8
A letter to the editor is presented on the Christian religious aspects of science, truth, and knowledge in response to the article "God and the Gaps" by Ross McCullough from the April 2013 issue.
- The Problem of Personal Perspective and the Challenge of Embracing God's Universal Truth. Curry, Jason // Tennessee Tribune;6/2/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p4B
The article offers the author's view on truth which refers to the limited perspective of humans and the universal and eternal perspective of God.
- De pace fidei: de la libertad a la tolerancia. Solari, Enzo // Teologia y Vida;2012, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p439
This article summarizes the fundamental reasonings in De pace fidei and goes on to show some of their most relevant recent readings, to finally lay down some questions which are still worth exploring in the cited work, in particular its connection with the philosophy of freedom of the Cusanus...
- Many are convinced we're in the 'last days'. ROBISON, JAMES // Ellis County Press;2/13/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p4
The article discusses truth based on what is stated by Jesus Christ in the Christian Bible that the truth shall set a person free.
- What we mean when we say it's true. George, Timothy // Christianity Today;10/23/95, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p17
Examines the basis for biblical affirmation of truth. Historical basis for recognizing the trustworthiness of the Bible; Translation and interpretation in different cultures; Concretization of the Word through Jesus' assumption of the form of the flesh; Evidences to support the Bible as the Word...