The Supreme Court 1997
- A Bad Week in June. Doerr, Edd // Humanist;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p37
Reports about the decisions of the US Supreme Court on cases related to religious liberty and church-state separation. Five-to-four ruling in `Agostini versus Felton'; Struck down of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in `City of Boerne, Texas versus Flores'; Unanimous reversal of federal...
- Recent Developments in RLUIPA and Religious Land Use. Dalton, Daniel P. // Urban Lawyer;Fall2014, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p849
The article looks at the U.S. Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000 and discusses its application to local land use decisions in the country. Topic discussed include the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in the Court's holding in "City of Boerne v. Flores" involving laws related...
- Text of U.S. Supreme Court decision. // Journal of Church & State;Autumn97, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p846
Presents the transcript of the US Supreme Court decision in the case of the `City of Boerne vs. P.F. Flores, Archbishop of San Antonio, and United States.'
- No RFRAF allowed: The status of Religious Freedom Restoration Act's federal application on the... Blatnik, Edward J.W. // Columbia Law Review;Oct98, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p1410
Discusses the constitutionality of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRAF) of 1993's federal applications in the context of the Supreme Court case City of Boerne v. Flores. Claim that RFRAF violates the separation of powers between Congress and the Judiciary; Citation of RFRAF's...
- Historic decision. Boston, Rob // Church & State;Feb97, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on a US Supreme Court case `City of Boerne v. Flores' involving religious freedom. Expansion plans of Saint Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Boerne, Texas in 1993; Non-feasibility of Saint Peter's plans due to its proximity to the city's historic district; Lucius Bunton's ruling in...
- Has the Supreme Court been Boerne again? Coulter, Ann // Human Events;07/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the debate over the US Supreme Court's decision to strike down the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) in the `Boerne versus Flores.' Conservative opinion against the decision; RFRA as an unconstitutional extension of Congress' powers under the Constitution; Implication of the...
- The federalism implications of Flores. Gardbaum, Stephen // William & Mary Law Review;Feb98, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p665
Opinion. Comments on the United States Supreme Court's decision in the case City of Boerne v. Flores, regarding the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993. What was the court's decision; Information on Section 5 of the Fourteenth Amendment; How Congress was affected by the decision.
- City of Boerne v. Flores: A landmark for structural analysis. Hamilton, Marci A. // William & Mary Law Review;Feb98, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p699
Opinion. Discusses the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) of 1993, with reference to the case City of Boerne v. Flores, in the United States Supreme Court. Details on the passage of the RFRA by Congress; Information on the Congressional Research Service's reports to Congress; Discussion...
- Conceptual gulfs in the City of Boerne V. Flores. Laycock, Douglas // William & Mary Law Review;Feb98, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p743
Opinion. Discusses the case City of Boerne V. Flores in the United States Supreme Court, in relation to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA). Indepth look at the weakness of the city's arguments; Information on the validity of the RFRA; Details on Title VII and the Voting Rights Act.